07-29-2014 11:29 PM
28 12
tools
    Hey everybody,

Some of you might have readed my comment on the news item about GDR1, but for those who havent: I have a list of new features coming up in Windows Phone 8.1 GDR1. Those are:

- Support for WXGA 800 x 1280
    - Improvements to video capture meta data tags (not sure what it means)
    - Support for Network Time Protocol (NTP)
    - Partners can now configure the settings for C+G dual SIM phones
    - Disable voicemail phone number display
    - OEMs can set a list of MCC/MNC pairs for the purchase order (PO)
    - OEMs can configure a phone book entry for Cortana to allow users to start speech from a car
    - Something with Phone cover settings
    - OEMs will be able to hide the "Automatic search for updates" function
    - Something with building images with user-managed software buttons
    - Support for entity extraction in the Messaging app

Important note is that this is information that comes from the Windows Phone 8.1 GDR1 OEM Documentation, and thus, customer features are missing.

Have fun!
    07-27-2014 05:54 AM
    Finally NTP is coming (I hope so).
    07-27-2014 06:02 AM
    The one feature I'd like is support for USB-OTG.
    Manojkumar_25 likes this.
    07-27-2014 06:12 AM
    One feature I would like to see is improvement on multi tasking, both on the toast and notification center, it would be good to have interactive toast were, maybe someone sends you a whatsapp message then tapping on the toast will just bring out a window to reply to the message without leaving the current app you're running, this can also be extended to other apps on the OS, then if you miss the toast, then you can just draw down the notification center and also achieve the same aim
    07-27-2014 06:37 AM
    One feature I would like to see is improvement on multi tasking, both on the toast and notification center, it would be good to have interactive toast were, maybe someone sends you a whatsapp message then tapping on the toast will just bring out a window to reply to the message without leaving the current app you're running, this can also be extended to other apps on the OS, then if you miss the toast, then you can just draw down the notification center and also achieve the same aim
    this the windows phone uservoice to vote on this feature here is the link http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/fo...-notifications
    07-27-2014 06:50 AM
    this the windows phone uservoice to vote on this feature here is the link Interactive notifications – Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone
    which is same as android reply.. lets see , wont be in GDR updates , most likely in wp9.. and on new hardware
    07-27-2014 06:54 AM
    Hey everybody,

Some of you might have readed my comment on the news item about GDR1, but for those who havent: I have a list of new features coming up in Windows Phone 8.1 GDR1. Those are:

- Support for WXGA 800 x 1280
    - Improvements to video capture meta data tags (not sure what it means)
    - Support for Network Time Protocol (NTP)
    - Partners can now configure the settings for C+G dual SIM phones
    - Disable voicemail phone number display
    - OEMs can set a list of MCC/MNC pairs for the purchase order (PO)
    - OEMs can configure a phone book entry for Cortana to allow users to start speech from a car
    - Something with Phone cover settings
    - OEMs will be able to hide the "Automatic search for updates" function
    - Something with building images with user-managed software buttons
    - Support for entity extraction in the Messaging app

Important note is that this is information that comes from the Windows Phone 8.1 GDR1 OEM Documentation, and thus, customer features are missing.

Have fun!
    Thanks , any idea on release date and where you getting this info?
    07-27-2014 06:56 AM
    My guess is between 10 - 17 August ;)

Edit 1: Announced in this range. Released few weeks later.
    07-27-2014 06:59 AM
    This information comes from, like I said, the Windows Phone 8.1 GDR1 OEM Documentation.

https://dev.windowsphone.com/en-US/O...dows_Phone_8.1

I don't know any release date.
    07-27-2014 07:05 AM
    which is same as android reply.. lets see , wont be in GDR updates , most likely in wp9.. and on new hardware
    They should make it available in the gdr2 on present hardware
    07-27-2014 08:35 AM
    Store tile to become LIVE!! :D :D
    07-27-2014 10:31 AM
    So did anyone notice that oems can hide automatic store search for updates ? Why would carriers want to hide that option ?
    07-27-2014 11:04 AM
    Missed a big one - Folder support by dragging one tile onto another.
    07-27-2014 11:26 AM
    What's actualy going to be "Live" about it, is it going to showcase other app?
    07-27-2014 02:45 PM
    Missed a big one - Folder support by dragging one tile onto another.
    Well, I did say OEM features and mentioned that customer features aren't listed
    07-27-2014 02:46 PM
    Please explain to me as I always taught Store Tile was a Live Tile... And what does OEM stands for?!
    07-27-2014 03:10 PM
    please explain to me as i always taught store tile was a live tile... And what does oem stands for?!
    oem = original equipment manufacturer
    Bruno Blanes likes this.
    07-27-2014 03:15 PM
    It's a half-live tile right now. It just displays the store icon + the number of app updates waiting for you.
    If I got it correctly, after Update1, it will be the same as it is on Windows 8.1, the tile will show featured apps.
    store1.pngstore2.png
    Bruno Blanes likes this.
    07-27-2014 03:17 PM
    The one feature I'd like is support for USB-OTG.
    USB ON THE GO feature is embedded in the snapdragon s4 chip,just needed a os link between the chip,like they bring the fm radio in the gdr2 update, Please vote for this feature in Windows Phone suggestion Box here, http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/fo...-windows-phone

Pls refer the following figure for clarification http://i.imgur.com/ckHPtAa.jpg

http://agyatlabs.blogspot.in/2014/04...pport.html?m=1
    07-27-2014 03:26 PM
    USB ON THE GO feature is embedded in the snapdragon s4 chip,just needed a os link between the chip,like they bring the fm radio in the gdr2 update, Please vote for this feature in Windows Phone suggestion Box here, http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/fo...-windows-phone

Pls refer the following figure for clarification http://i.imgur.com/ckHPtAa.jpg

http://agyatlabs.blogspot.in/2014/04...pport.html?m=1
    Thanks for that, I'm off to vote now.
    07-27-2014 03:43 PM
    I hope improved multitasking and better performance is on the list soon. Would really like to see less of that annoying "resuming" dialogue.
    Sent from my RM-914_im_mea3_380 using Tapatalk
    07-27-2014 04:41 PM
    I hope improved multitasking and better performance is on the list soon. Would really like to see less of that annoying "resuming" dialogue.
    Sent from my RM-914_im_mea3_380 using Tapatalk
    I doubt "Performance improvements" will ever be on the feature list, as this is something they will always try to do.
    07-27-2014 05:09 PM
    BlackBerry 10 has that, it's called Instant Preview and you can reply to a text, BBM etc. from the notification shade (as well as the lock screen, if you enable lock screen notifications).
    07-27-2014 06:07 PM
    BlackBerry 10 has that, it's called Instant Preview and you can reply to a text, BBM etc. from the notification shade (as well as the lock screen, if you enable lock screen notifications).
    if MS could implement this, this would be a welcomed feature
    07-28-2014 01:58 AM
    Please explain to me as I always taught Store Tile was a Live Tile... And what does OEM stands for?!
    Was only live if any updates were available, and can't call that live exactly. It will display the name and the featured app..
    07-28-2014 02:13 AM
28 12