Hello, if I remember rightly I heard a few weeks ago that Cortana will release for the UK and China on the 30th.. That also means 8.1, please don't tell me that was a false rumour.
    07-29-2014 05:45 PM
    Hello, if I remember rightly I heard a few weeks ago that Cortana will release for the UK and China on the 30th.. That also means 8.1, please don't tell me that was a false rumour.
    WP8.1 rollout started 2 weeks ago. Cortana isn't part of that update - the two are completely separate entities.
    xandros9 likes this.
    07-29-2014 05:51 PM
    WP8.1 rollout started 2 weeks ago. Cortana isn't part of that update - the two are completely separate entities.
    I see, well what happened about that rumour anyway, was it true?
    07-29-2014 05:53 PM
    Cortana's UK debut? I guess we will find out tomorrow...
    07-29-2014 05:55 PM
    Well there was article on WPC about Cortana coming to China on July 30 but UK was not mentioned.
    Sincerely I hope we will get Cortana tomorrow too.

Edit: My bad. Yes Cortana is scheduled for UK tomorrow alongside China according to WPC article.
    07-29-2014 05:59 PM
    Cortana's UK debut? I guess we will find out tomorrow...
    Hope it releases tomorrow! I'm fed up of just hearing about it, I want it already. =3
    07-29-2014 05:59 PM
    Even if it (Cortana) launches in the UK tomorrow it won't matter for most of us unless the carriers (Vodafone in my case) actually release 8.1 to us, god only knows what it's got to do with the carriers anyway, it's a Microsoft update, so I see no reason Vodafone have to do anything apart from sit on it for a couple of weeks to annoy me.

It's not as if I don't pay them a lot of money.

Bob
    07-29-2014 07:02 PM
    Well there was article on WPC about Cortana coming to China on July 30 but UK was not mentioned.
    Sincerely I hope we will get Cortana tomorrow too.

Edit: My bad. Yes Cortana is scheduled for UK tomorrow alongside China according to WPC article.
    Agreed! Was there much evidence to that rumour?
    07-29-2014 08:22 PM
    Even if it (Cortana) launches in the UK tomorrow it won't matter for most of us unless the carriers (Vodafone in my case) actually release 8.1 to us, god only knows what it's got to do with the carriers anyway, it's a Microsoft update, so I see no reason Vodafone have to do anything apart from sit on it for a couple of weeks to annoy me.

It's not as if I don't pay them a lot of money.

Bob
    They test to make sure all their bloatware and custom settings don't interfere with the update. That said though, us with Country Variant phones have to wait for no reason - we don't have network bloatware to worry about.
    07-30-2014 03:01 AM