WP 8.1 Bugs and Defects

bingMe

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Re: Bugs and Defects

Ok so it seems that after GDR1 update ie11 is rendering some web pages as the mobile site even when desktop is selected in the settings

mugandaisaac

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site

SD card is not recognized at all. On WP 8.1 I had to plug the phone to charge, remove the battery (phone stays on), remove card and reinsert then put back the battery. Now, that trick doesn't work this time.

createdforsuccess

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site

Backup doesn't seem to work any more. Not sure if this has to deal with this update or not but I got a message today saying it hadn't backed up so I tried to do so and it had an error at 98%

Scuur

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Hello,

I've got a problem with the normal wp 8.1 alarm. It won't always make a sound when set, the only way to make sure it wakes me is by turning it on and off again before I go to sleep. When I searched the forum I saw this was a bug in the preview however has anyone else been experiencing this as well in the official wp 8.1? Lumia 925 on the official wp 8.1

-Scuur

jbasilio

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site

Has anyone heard anything about Passbook files (.pkpass) not getting added to Wallet anymore? I remember back in April or so I was able to add files just fine. Today I was trying to add tickets from StubHub's mobile site and it doesn't add and instead gives me a 403: Forbidden error.

Tried on an iOS device and it added fine. Sent the .pkpass to myself in an email and after downloading, Windows Phone suggests searching the app store to find an app compatible with the file. Is this a bug or a purposeful choice?

Formula84

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site

Is anyone having an issue with using the desktop version of YouTube after updating to GDR1? Before, if I set ie11 to desktop, I was able to watch videos on the desktop version of YouTube as if I were on my PC. Now however, I keep getting an error message in the video player box that says "sorry this video is not available for this device", when ie11 is even set to render as a desktop. Before the update I would only get this error message if I had ie set to render as mobile but selected the desktop experience in the YouTube settings. Please help

I too have been having issues with IE since the update. Many sites rendering as mobile do not function properly, won't register clicks on links, scrolling issues, zooming content that does not fit in the screen.

Justinas Jorudas

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

I'm running WP8.1 DP GDR1 on L625 with Lumia Black. Before GDR1 my backup always showed that it was experiencing issues with backup and it sometimes worked and sometimes didn't. Well I don't know how much of a bug is it, but the update didn't solve anything. Having same problems backing up.

Formula84

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site

I'm running WP8.1 DP GDR1 on L625 with Lumia Black. Before GDR1 my backup always showed that it was experiencing issues with backup and it sometimes worked and sometimes didn't. Well I don't know how much of a bug is it, but the update didn't solve anything. Having same problems backing up.
I had the same issue on the first dev preview before official cyan, i had to delete the backup for apps + settings (manage backups) then backup again, this worked and I did not loose anything.

gs400xr

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site

Re 8.10.14147.180 on Huawei Acend W1.........Memorycard (card still not detected (unless using charger remove battery, memcard and replace trick)
Also under Network Settings can enter MMS apn settings but these are not saved......MMS is bricked....Am I the only 1 ? all was fine under wp8 same hardware and settings. Saving settings is shurly core o.s NOT manufacturer dependent

luke_parker_88

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site

I have a Lumia 925. For some reason my phone mich seems to have stopped working for certain apps that use audio input. For example apps like 6snap and Voice Record Pro +. When I attempt to record my voice in to the mic there is no audio captured upon play-back but strangely I can have conversations with people on the phone perfectly so surely it can't be a mic issue.

I'm missing out on using these apps now which is hugely frustrating! Please help.

Amresh Nunkomar

May 31, 2014
Visit site

Hi!
I just received the WP 8.1 update on my Lumia 1520. After Installation completed, I'm facing some problems from Whatsapp, Messenger & Viber, I have no notifications from these applications when I received new message and I appear as offline. This problem occurs only when I'm connected to a wifi, but when I use my Data Cellular, it's perfect. Any body can help me about this issue please. Thanks

dlusted

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Since updating to GDR1 on my 920, my Bluetooth speaker connects but doesn't play music to it.
Speaker works on DP 8.1 device

lumia0323

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site

Main Camera stops working on Lumia 1020 upgrading to official WP 8.1. Same issue with WP 8.1 Developer Preview. Its a driver issue affecting main camera, that causes the camera on Lumia 1020 to stop responding. I cant use my Lumia 1020 with WP 8.1 since camera dies. More users than I have the same bug. Switching back/downgrading to WP 8.0 and camera starts working as normal again. Its a HUGE bug that Microsoft is looking into ASAP?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077