WP 8.1 Bugs and Defects

Sakitumi

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
I hope you can help me with this. Since I've upgraded to wp 8.1none of the online movies sites are playing the films I used to watch online in IE. Why is that happening since they call WP 8.1 an upgrade and not a downgrade.

kean5326

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
My 1020 with update 2 sometimes just stop ringing even if I have volume at max, it just vibrate, so I have to restart it and the ring go back to work

Manchester1894

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
My Lumia 640 Dual Sim is taking only 1439 x 1919 (3:4) and 1081 x 1919 (9:16) picture formats.
That is way below stated 8Mpx.
Does anyone know what is happening?

Could it be your SD card is not sufficient(in Class not size):

Class Minimum transfer speed Suitable for
Class 2 2 MB/s (Read) Still photos, SD video recording
Class 4 4 MB/s (Read) Still photos, HD video recording
Class 6 6 MB/s (Read) Still photos, Full HD video recording
Class 10 10 MB/s (Read) HD continuous (burst) still photos, Full HD video recording
UHS Speed Class 1 10 MB/s (Write) High frame rate Full HD video recording
UHS Speed Class 3 30 MB/s (Write) Recording 2K & 4K videos

n70shan

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Since a few days, my phone has been acting up. I have a Lumia 820 with 8.1 Denim, no insider, no preview installed, standard factory version.

It all started (at least that was when I noticed) with a VLC update.
The phone had a stable wifi connection and I tried to update the app, but it stayed in the queue. There were times the app started updating, but couldn't finish it, stopped at ~50% and didn't continue.

Ever since then I couldn't get VLC to update itself.

Furthermore, it seems, I even have problems with installing new apps (it's set to install apps on the SD card). They behave the same way VLC does - remain in the queue without making any progress.
The final twist is that despite all this, I do get some apps to update themselves in the background. Last time Atmosphere managed to pull it off.

I have no clue what this issue is and what might cause it nor do I know how to fix it.
Any suggestions?

Hello i think my problem is some how related to your regarding wifi .......
i purchased new lumia 540 4 days ago and it has a strange wifi problem in my windows 8.1 phone. i.e after first day of fine use, my wifi started getting very sloww and after every 30 seconds its signals started fluctuating i.e drop to zero and then full just in a blink of second... so i did soft reset but no luck so in the end i had to hard reset it so i did it and after reset all problem is solved so i got relaxed and started using phone
but
on 3rd day ( one day after reset) it again started signal fluctuating and very poor wifi... so i rebooted router but no help so long story short i had to do hard reset again and after hard reset my wifi is all well again and now i m charging my phone... i m afraid this problem will come again..... i m amazed that even windows phone has these kinds of android like bugss... i m tired now after using many smartphone that till now these companies cant make a decent phone with no problems... anyways what should i do now ... do you have any idea whats going on???

Rowland Jonathan1

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
Hello i think my problem is some how related to your regarding wifi .......
i purchased new lumia 540 4 days ago and it has a strange wifi problem in my windows 8.1 phone. i.e after first day of fine use, my wifi started getting very sloww and after every 30 seconds its signals started fluctuating

If you are using a case try removing that and check your internet speed.My 535 had the same problem,I removed the case and the WiFi worked perfectly.I noticed a dramatic improvement in the speed of the internet.

Vishal scorpion

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
My L540 also having signal problem after first week of purchase 3g is connected but now it just connected to 2g don't know its problem with phone or network settings are in 3g only in my phone

fanofkimi

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
After last week "Windows Phone random reboot hotfix" i get some serious battery draining with my Lumia 925... I have never seen such a crazy drain before installing this patch. am i the only one?
Any tips or suggestions guys?

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
After last week "Windows Phone random reboot hotfix" i get some serious battery draining with my Lumia 925... I have never seen such a crazy drain before installing this patch. am i the only one?
Any tips or suggestions guys?

I have not seen any battery drain after, have you checked to see if you have other apps maybe running. Try turn off your phone than back on might help.

fanofkimi

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
1 day before installing the patch, i installed a app called "pure battery indicator pro". Initially i thought this could be the reason for drain then i uninstall the app. But the drain still remains to be high.
I have done a hard reset(volume - and power) based on your suggestions. I will check and feedback later if there is any change.
Thank you

wpguy

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Pre-random reboot hotfix, yeah, I would get an occasional reboot on my TMoUS Lumia 925.

Post-hotfix: I have never had to forcibly reboot/reset my phone so many times. I've gone from maybe 1-2 times a year to 2-3 times per day.

If I could uninstall the hotfix I would.

LOLWOWJason

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
I have a 830 and recently Exit and Menu buttons did not work, Day or night they are always on light...i dont know if there are some problem at software or hardware, i am so angry,so i think ....may be i will to buy a iphone 6....i am so angry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I have a 830 and recently Exit and Menu buttons did not work, Day or night they are always on light...i dont know if there are some problem at software or hardware, i am so angry,so i think ....may be i will to buy a iphone 6....i am so angry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Something is obviously wrong with it, so exchange it.

GaL4cT1c

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
When I wake up the phone (lumia 620) the camera app launches immediately. I know its not the unlock button because it launches when I double tap also. This is happening after last update.

TIA.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss