WP 8.1 Bugs and Defects

altbus1

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Sometimes when I've installed some programs the sound is gone and I've got to turn off/on my lumia 925.
Very irritating when you use your smartphone as alarm...

Hati

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
Here's one I found last week. I use a Lumia 640 dual LTE running Denim with all updates installed.

I have 2 alarms set, one Tuesday at 3.30 Am the other Wednesday and Thursday 4.45 Am. Both were called "Alarm". Come Tuesday the alarm didn't fire. It was set properly but it just didn't work. I then thought maybe the same name confuses the system, so I renamed the second alarm and presto, they started to work.

Maybe the developers could include something that asks the user to chose a different name for the alarms or just default to xzy1, then xzy2 and so on.

wlupus

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
After back up from windows 10 assembly 166 advanced option in keyboard language section doesn't work. Thus it is impossible to display comma button:(

altbus1

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Here's one I found last week. I use a Lumia 640 dual LTE running Denim with all updates installed.

I have 2 alarms set, one Tuesday at 3.30 Am the other Wednesday and Thursday 4.45 Am. Both were called "Alarm". Come Tuesday the alarm didn't fire. It was set properly but it just didn't work. I then thought maybe the same name confuses the system, so I renamed the second alarm and presto, they started to work.

Maybe the developers could include something that asks the user to chose a different name for the alarms or just default to xzy1, then xzy2 and so on.
It isn't just the alarm, all sounds are gone untill I turn off/on my lumia.
And it isn't all the time 3x in a year, so I'm hoping it will change with a future update.
Thx

Hati

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
For me it's only the alarm. On that note, yesterday the 3.30 alarm did not fire again. Today the 4.45 did. Will have to check next week if disabling the 4.45 for the day will help.

Bozhidar Gyulmezov

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
I also have had problem with not working alarm, which is mostly fixable by rebooting the phone, even if in some unexplained cases it fixed itself without restart.

Second problem is the Battery Saver which don't track battery drain due to Wifi or Data. Which even if some say is due to the API is a big problem, that should be addressed, and if needed - the API reworked..

And finally - I consider the core apps provided by MS as relative to this thread - lice calendar, people etc.
in the calendar app, we are unable to change the reminder type for events or birthdays imported from Facebook. Detailed explanation below:
the events / birthdays imported from Facebook appear, and it automatically puts alerts each day at 12:00 whenever there is someone with a birthday - 1 alert for each person.
Similar with events where I am going or have been invited.- there is an alert 15 minutes before start.
With sound, and notification with snooze / dismiss.

And this is quite annoying. Until now I have not found any way to disable the sound of these reminders, which is the most annoying part.
I just want these events to be visible on my calenar app "for information", but not to get 5 reminders at 12:00 with sound, each day!

For any other events - specifically the ones I have created on Outlook.com's calendar I can choose the type of reminder, or disable it, but hot here!

Hati

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
A quick update on the alarm. I deleted the 3.30 instance that was originally saved with the same name as the second one and created a new alarm for 3.30, but renamed it before first saving it.
This morning it fired, so it is all good. Will see if the other alarm fires next.

Shad0wguy

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I've had a weird glitch on my 640 where when I delete an email I get a quick flash of a black screen with a bunch of magnifying glass icons before displaying the proper screen. Anyone else see this?

kilel222

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
when turning off all syncing options on an email account (mine was google) it is stuck in a loop and there is no way to interact, and you cannot add the same account back to the phone. it is forever stuck

larsson16

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 640 dual sim,when I use IE the phone sometimes froze and l need to restart browser? Is there wait update to fix this bug ?
Sent from Microsoft Lumia 640 dual

CronoZero

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone! Cross posted from the Lumia 640 forum

Sorry if these have been mentioned before. I've been using and liking my TMobile 640 for a bit now. However, I have some issues...

Skype and Messenger will sometimes notify me that I've received something but then won't actually download the messages while marking them as read. Skype and Messenger issues only happen on the phone, not on the computer.

Lastly, I also have issues receiving texts sometimes...they just don't show up. I've disabled WiFi calling/texting because I thought that was causing the problem. However, the text issues I have only seem to happen with this phone... my TMobile 925 seemed ok on WiFi.

Anyone have an idea what's going on?

shielahswshielah

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
SMS text call block filter...
It's good for blocking calls, but it does NOT block incoming text, it will show its blocked but it still shows the text msg in the blocked text so they still come thru and can still read them it just does not put it in your text thread, I want it to block all together, I don't want to be able to read it in my blocked text, it won't keep it from still coming into ur phone, it needs to be updated/fixed so it actually does block the text from coming into your phone at all, Lumia 1020 & 920

tale 85

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I have one issue with any app tied to Facebook. On my 640 (T-Mobile) Messenger, Candy Crush, and sometimes Facebook itself can't find my data connection. I've had to put Cellular Data in my action center so I can toggle it on and off to make connection. Messenger just hangs on "Waiting for network". Never a problem with my 635 either on 8.1 or WP10. Is this a 640 problem or Facebook or T-Mobile? I've tried to contact Messenger several times over the last couple months...nothing.

Gabriel Farkas

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
A few days ago I turned on German language for texting on my 930 (with latest version), the phone noticed that there is an update. I updated. Next day wanted to make photos on my trip, but I receive an error message when I turned on, and the camera doesn't works, except the front cam for selfies. I tried to use the cam with some apps for photos, but without luck. Just like the phone doesn't have any camera. Tried everything, but without result. Anyone??

devlam

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Answering a Phone call doesn't work anymore. It says slide up to take call. But when i slide up nothing happens. Anyone did have same problem and solved it somehow?
Don't think it is the screen because no problems with other touch gestures. Also i have no screen protection on screen.

mopleez1952

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
When I have both a Word doc and the calendar app open, and I'm jumping back & forth between the two (putting calendar items into a newsletter), often when I return to the Word doc it reverts back to the last time the doc was saved. I then have lost all the text I had edited during that "session." MS tech said that was normal. What??

Toni_Moreno

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
I don't agree with that..
Turning off the magnifier doesn't have an easy way, it drove me nuts until I got how to do it (I was having problems with my eyes).
The curious (and stupid) thing was that I could scroll over my screen vertically but not horizontally.
I think that magnifier comes as a help to disabled people who can't read normal text so if I can't reach the left and right parts of my screen, there's no help for my needs. Just try to act?vate the magnifier on and see how the switch becomes unreachable as it keeps out of the screen
Surely I will sane soon and wouldn't need it again but I would be glad if Windows 10 fix it.
Thanks!
Toni

john24ssj

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
I think this is a security issue as the this is a WP feature.
Let's say if you have a banking app open and you place in the background for the multitask view it captures a screenshot of it, but that places all the details in that screenshot and it's perfectly visible to anyone who holds the back button.
The same apps on android get blanked out so you could not see it, while on WP in the multitask view everything is clearly visible :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon