Music duplicate bug still here...

Draganta

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Ok guys, I almost had it with this ****. Is there a way around the music duplication bug? I can live with the other 40000 bugs, but this one does it for me. Do I have to buy an iPod, or is there a way to listen to music in a Windows Phone? I have 8.1 release (no DP), and I thought this bug was fixed.... NOPE!

Carl Joseph

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
What phone you using? What app are you using to sync music?
I used to have the problem before but not anymore, so will help if I can.

zokstar

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I've sync'ed around maybe about 40 songs so far to my 930 via WMP and i haven't noticed it. I'll be syncing more in the next few days so i'll check if i get this. I did get this problem alot on my 920.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
You could try deleting the contents of the hidden folders in the music folder. That used to fix it for me. Then I got an iPod.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Ok guys, I almost had it with this ****. Is there a way around the music duplication bug? I can live with the other 40000 bugs, but this one does it for me. Do I have to buy an iPod, or is there a way to listen to music in a Windows Phone? I have 8.1 release (no DP), and I thought this bug was fixed.... NOPE!

I would suspect its something you or the program you are using os doing. Never had this happen with my 920 using wp8 and 8.1. But I have gotten rid of duplicates in my collection on my desktop already.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
It's because of the way Xbox Music builds its internal database of tracks and stores some metadata in hidden folders. It seemed to happen when I used Windows Media Player to sync tracks over. I used WMP as the Windows Phone App didn't do syncing, just transferring.

Draganta

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I used the explorer in Windows 8.1

I deleted all the music files, restarted the phone, somehow, 1 song keeps returning! After my 3rd try, it seems to work, only the song that keeps returning after deletion is now double.

I use the 1320 on 8.1 with Cyan, and no app to sync, just the Windows explorer.

I wish Moliplayer supported playlists :(

zokstar

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I just done a re-sync of a playlist I have setup in WMP... I checked the "sync status" and a few tracks had to re-sync? Those ones showed up on the phone again as duplicates :( I guess its still a problem

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Apparently it os a problem. I have never had this happen, but like many bugs many have experienced it. I believe the update for 8.1 being released Friday is supposed to fix it.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Its funny the Ms team in charge of the app realized they should have designated the music app a beta when they released it with wp8.1....uh yeah! That would have helped with perspective and patience.

Draganta

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
So far, it is ok. I had a new strange bug, sometimes, when I make a new playlist, I save it, but when I go back to the playlist list, it says 0 songs. Then I have to re-add all the songs to the list again... Ah well, I added a few songs, and no duplicates so far, but you never know when the bug strikes. It is probably prowling in the shadows, waiting to strike again...

zokstar

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I sync'ed my phone the other night with WMP, although it didnt duplicate any songs, all my playlists have duplicates now!!! so frustrating!! :(

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Unless its name is misleading, I'd be careful with any duplicatefilesdeleter app - the files aren't duplicated (just their entries in the p-poor Music app's database). So any app claiming to delete duplicate files isn't going to help. And will probably just be full of ads etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs