WP8.1 GDR1 - Interactive Phone Covers

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Am I the only one that is kinda excited about the Interactive Phone Covers feature coming to WP8.1 GDR1?

Windows-Phone-8-1-GDR1-s-Support-for-Phone-Cover-Apps-Gets-Detailed-452336-2.jpg

I think this is a REALLY nifty feature that sets us apart from other devices/OS's.

Thoughts?

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I don't think it's so handy to use 6" phones, like 1520, 1320, with these covers. I've used my phone in a case for a while, and the device becomes very very bulky.

For 5" or less probably would be fine.

rcballa12

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
The image they keep using looks like it's on an iPhone, though. I wonder if it's already available to them and just not very commonly seen.

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
As I understood how this works is as follows.

THe cover only has small holes and the display is online showing content on specific pixels which are aligned with those holes of the cover. So nothing much more than glance from nokia already does, if you put such a cover over glance it looks the same.

Or am I wrong?

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
As I understood how this works is as follows.

THe cover only has small holes and the display is online showing content on specific pixels which are aligned with those holes of the cover. So nothing much more than glance from nokia already does, if you put such a cover over glance it looks the same.

Or am I wrong?

You are correct, while the design looks really good, its not like when Nokia designs things, its not really thought of. for example, while the cover is fully open, the device can't sit flat, which makes it very springy while using on a surface.

There is an opening for the front facing camera, why?

The wholes collect lots of dirt, alot! Which come in contact with your face while calling.
It's very difficult to hold when typing a message.

I've used one, and my friend has the same exact comments.

I like how it looks, but its very bad in functionality.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire