I hate mobile versions of web sites!

badr0b0t

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I agree. With UC Browser I get the desktop site though.

You can set UC to any format.

adetuzyr.png

jsooney

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Yes I know, I'm just telling the guy that desktop mode works with this site when you use UC Browser, albeit with slightly funky formatting. IE seems to force you into mobile mode regardless what you set it to.

Bruce Beard

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site

Maybe I am simply dense... I can't get my phone to look like that. What version of WP are you running there? My big complaint with that particular site was my inability to use pinch to zoom features. I know how to enable that in the phone now so I can go back to shopping at West Marine when I need something.....
This feels like remedial phone instruction...
Bruce

badr0b0t

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Maybe I am simply dense... I can't get my phone to look like that. What version of WP are you running there? My big complaint with that particular site was my inability to use pinch to zoom features. I know how to enable that in the phone now so I can go back to shopping at West Marine when I need something.....
This feels like remedial phone instruction...
Bruce

Sorry, I forgot to mention I never use IE browser even on PCs.
The one on pic above is a UC Browser. You might want to try other browsers and see if it helps you. There's also Maxxthon Browser.

Cheers!

Maitrikkataria

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
. My answer is to avoid the site. The other thing I am finding is web sites were you can not pinch to zoom! Westmarine.com is a good example.
Am I missing something?
I haven't used IOS or Android in six months now. Anyone else notice this?

Last time I forgot to mention something that is really worth mentioning, although the m.sites is not much appreciated by the users generally. There is a reason that they do exist.

Firstly, it is easy to use and data minimization process. M-optimized websites load faster and even are good for SEO in some cases.

Secondly, and this is the most important of all. The reason M-sites exists is because the user is MOBILE, and I must say that these user does not looks in a website like the normal desktop users. They are most of the time looking for quick information and are on the go. Generally using one hand as the primary source for inputs and scrolling. M-sites helps these kinds of users in a great extent. The don't see those fine lines in the design, they are rather blurry and are looking for quick information to reduce the divided attention.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium