Bluetooth LE - 8X

joe_easton

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I have a HTC 8X on Verizon and am wondering if WP 8.1 brings Bluetooth LE to my phone. For example, can I use a FitBit with it now?

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
WTF? No.

@Joe: The 8x only has a Bluetooth 3.1 chipset, the LE standard is unfortunately only supported by Bluetooth 4 chips.
Not entirely true. Wikipedia says it has 3.1 as if now. Think this way htc8x has the same processor/chipset as lumia 920 and other lumia devices. They all received Bluetooth LE with black firmware but 8.1DP disabled it. Cyan is going to tenable it. Same goes for HTC. It's all up to HTC. They can enable it with firmware update

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
The Fitbit site says that the 8X is now compatible with Fitbit devices. I've also heard people in forums state that their 8X is working with their Fitbit now. I have an 822 and an 8X and have a Flex coming in the mail and I'm trying to figure out if I should switch back to the 8X until Cyan is released for the 822.

SonofNun

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I was under the impression that the 8X doesn't have Bluetooth 4.0 LE. However, I just got a Misfit Shine and was surprised to find out that it works with my 8X (which is running the 8.1 Developer Preview(

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
WTF? No.

@Joe: The 8x only has a Bluetooth 3.1 chipset, the LE standard is unfortunately only supported by Bluetooth 4 chips.

Not entirely true. Wikipedia says it has 3.1 as if now. Think this way htc8x has the same processor/chipset as lumia 920 and other lumia devices. They all received Bluetooth LE with black firmware but 8.1DP disabled it. Cyan is going to tenable it. Same goes for HTC. It's all up to HTC. They can enable it with firmware update

Yes, 8.1DP disables the BT4.0. Yes, Cyan will restore it, but only on the devices that the BT chip supports 4.0. Pod is correct, BT 3.1 is as high as the chip goes.

jpspiderman

Jan 31, 2008
Visit site
I have a HTC 8X on Verizon and am wondering if WP 8.1 brings Bluetooth LE to my phone. For example, can I use a FitBit with it now?

Honestly guys the answer is Yes. I have Fitbit on my 8X and HTC OneM8 for windows it works great on Both. The information on the site is only the highest that is currently available when the phone comes out.

Sadangelman

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I have an 8x running Windows Phone 8.1 developer preview. I've recently purchased a Fitbit Flex & it connects & syncs to my 8x without any issues.

Also on the official fitbit forums, one of the official fitbit people stated that they had confirmed with HTC that the 8x was fully compatible with fitbit. The 8x is also now listed as an officially supported device by fitbit.

joe_easton

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I was under the impression that the 8X doesn't have Bluetooth 4.0 LE. However, I just got a Misfit Shine and was surprised to find out that it works with my 8X (which is running the 8.1 Developer Preview(

What's your opinion of the Misfit compared to other fitness trackers?

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
What's your opinion of the Misfit compared to other fitness trackers?

I just got mine and I have to say the hardware is VERY nice. The app needs improving though (weird bug where it refuses to acknowledge my actual weight) and it's lacking activity tracking and Misfit Flash compatibility for now. I'm using my old iOS device to edit the activities though. Seems pretty good so far...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss