Wild thought on 8.1 updates for Lumia?

fizze17

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
Its been bugging me for a while but as we think of the 8.1 update which is in carrier testing phase, see developer preview must have also gone through the same testing on all carriers before launch and now its available on all phones, why is the global version taking so much time, I some how feel its just a stalling act by Microsoft and Nokia for us to get annoyed, but its going out really slow, I don't think all phones will have cyan update till Sept mid by this rate.... Which again give android and ios time to take the lead from windows phone

Dave Bhullar

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Its been bugging me for a while but as we think of the 8.1 update which is in carrier testing phase, see developer preview must have also gone through the same testing on all carriers before launch and now its available on all phones, why is the global version taking so much time, I some how feel its just a stalling act by Microsoft and Nokia for us to get annoyed, but its going out really slow, I don't think all phones will have cyan update till Sept mid by this rate.... Which again give android and ios time to take the lead from windows phone

Developer preview was just an OS update. Cyan is a firmware update, it's more closely tied to the hardware of your phone. Developer preview didn't go through testing for every carrier because its an OS update.
I don't understand why some windows phone users are so cynical.

fizze17

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
I'm not cynical I just had a doubt.... Because it consists of the same features same look, its basically the replica, all it has is different names when you think of it, I thought its also got testing phase like the 8.1 update of global, so now I think my doubt is cleared, so thanks, peace

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
consists of the same features same look, its basically the replica, all it has is different names when you think of it,

Different name as the previous answer says it also includes firmware. To be more specific The hardware or the physical phone needs to know what to do and how to do it( like the brain) and Software is all the other stuff that can use the hardware to give you some experience (in essence it is the Mind.) If that makes sense. :)

fizze17

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
Different name as the previous answer says it also includes firmware. To be more specific The hardware or the physical phone needs to know what to do and how to do it( like the brain) and Software is all the other stuff that can use the hardware to give you some experience (in essence it is the Mind.) If that makes sense. :)

Okay that makes complete sense, so its under nokia testing phase according to customer care so all updates would be out mostly by September approx i guess

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720