Problems after hard resetting WP8.1.

k12000lt

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I'm using L925 with Nokia Cyan (WP8.1) installed.
Recently I had troubles as the phone was intermittently getting hanged, loosing WiFi constantly and was frequently showing "resuming" when I tried to unlock it. So did a hard reset from 'settings -> about -> reset'.
After hard reset and finishing initial setup, I noticed that Here Maps and Drive+ were missing. This never happened with WP8.
Also there were no apps in 'my apps' list in store. I did synchronize my cell with MS account after the reset. All contacts and calender were restored.
So I have two questions
1: Is MS ditching Here Maps and Drive for Bing maps? They better not. It's one of the most important thing that keeps me on WP
2: Why did I lose the my apps list? How to save the list?

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm using L925 with Nokia Cyan (WP8.1) installed.
Recently I had troubles as the phone was intermittently getting hanged, loosing WiFi constantly and was frequently showing "resuming" when I tried to unlock it. So did a hard reset from 'settings -> about -> reset'.
After hard reset and finishing initial setup, I noticed that Here Maps and Drive+ were missing. This never happened with WP8.
Also there were no apps in 'my apps' list in store. I did synchronize my cell with MS account after the reset. All contacts and calender were restored.
So I have two questions
1: Is MS ditching Here Maps and Drive for Bing maps? They better not. It's one of the most important thing that keeps me on WP
2: Why did I lose the my apps list? How to save the list?

1) It's because Here Maps and Drive are part of the original 8.0 image on your phone. If they're missing after a hard reset then they must have taken them out of the firmware image (aka the recovery partition) in 8.1, probably to save a bit of space. You can still reinstall them manually though.

2) It restores those from a backup, so if you choose 'no' to restoring a backup then you won't get it and have to reinstall them manually.

k12000lt

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Hello again. Thanks for the prompt reply.
1. I don't understand why they had to remove those to save space. Ultimately I need reinstall them from store anyway. Is MS ditching HERE for Bing for future?
2. Today again the list was there. I did not restore any back up. But I installed a few apps after searching the store. Checked 'my apps' list today morning and all apps which were there before factory reset were there. Something isn't right.
3. I lost storage check too. Storage sense is there. Is that removed too? I can't find it in store. Not that it's a must, but I did not know MS has removed so many stuff from WP8.1. Nowhere it's mentioned.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Hello again. Thanks for the prompt reply.
1. I don't understand why they had to remove those to save space. Ultimately I need reinstall them from store anyway. Is MS ditching HERE for Bing for future?
2. Today again the list was there. I did not restore any back up. But I installed a few apps after searching the store. Checked 'my apps' list today morning and all apps which were there before factory reset were there. Something isn't right.
3. I lost storage check too. Storage sense is there. Is that removed too? I can't find it in store. Not that it's a must, but I did not know MS has removed so many stuff from WP8.1. Nowhere it's mentioned.

Your purchase history and currently installed app list are two separate things - the history is added to every time you download a new app, and is tied ti your MS account - you can check this list on windowsphone website and reinstall apps from there as well. Storage check - yes that's gone now, superseded by Storage Sense.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3