WiFi and Cellular Data Arrows

Tiaxx

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
your-opinion-man.jpg

Chris Sandiford

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
You gona look on it every minute or what. Your topic is annoying as f**k. Worst topic of the year.
Sent from my RM-927_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk
Really? I'm sure there's probably worse. It's a bug they need to fix, d?ckhead. Like every other bug. You don't need to look at it every minute to know it's not working properly.
Had no one replied you may have had a point.
You type of people make me sick.

Tiaxx

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I would not go as far as calling it a bug, though. It's more of an annoyance: icon widths/alignments are not consistent.
Should be changed nevertheless, as it appears to be an extremely easy change anyway.

Andrea988

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Splitting hairs if you ask me. Give it some time, you wont even notice it after a while.

Agreed, I've never noticed either until I read this but it's no big deal, it's just a tiny icon. Whoever has designed it has justified the image to the left, maybe that's the default setting, so when you add an arrow to the image it moves the image further to the right. But honestly, so what?

Having said that, looking at mine now on the 930 it doesn't do it.

Warren_S

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
It's the most annoying thing. I'm jumping ship. Say Hello to Android again.

I'm trying to be funny, but I usually fail. Anyway, I got the Lumia 630 and it has the little arrow. And it does actually annoy me a little too

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
My Lumia Icon has it on 8.1 dev preview. I think it is like Chris said a carrier option. I believe mine was just enabled by Verizon with the update released like a week ago.

I think the operator has to activate.
My 720 is Country Variant (BR, FR, FI, AU) and never had it in Black.
But when I put a Chinese firmware from a carrier, appeared....

ak_r7

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Does your WiFi icon dance when it is using data (with arrow) and not (without)?
Mine does and it's annoying.

I don't know whether they are two separate graphic images or the arrow gets added to the non-active icon but regardless, it jumps to the right and left all the time. As you can see from the images, there are a few pixels difference in the footprint taken by the active arrowed icon, causing a shift to the right.

The cellular data icon's arrow is added within the bars so it stays static.

View attachment 74655

I tweeted @WinPhoneSupport and this is the following conversation, resulting in them making me question if it was just my experience. I thought - surely not, it's an O/S thing - they just need to move that arrow nearer the WiFi arcs.

https://twitter.com/drofidnas/status/494969858845868033

So.. anyone else?
Yes..happening for me as well
1520-with cyan

trwrt

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I noticed it right away too. It's distracting and also irritating to think what poor attention to detail it demonstrates. I guess nobody at Microsoft uses their own product or gives a damn because this would have taken minutes to fix and is a very obvious flaw.

PS to some of you: this is Microsoft we're talking about here, not your mother. Calm down.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
So you think the little arrows are a bug? It's not a bug. It's two different icons; one, a wifi signal by itself, or a wifi signal with an arrow..... Of course it moves over to the right a little... To be able to fit the arrow... this bothers you?

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
The little arrows are a sign that your data connection or Wifi are being actively used. I like the feature and its come with Cyan. Earlier on one couldn't tell if their connection was idle or in use.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I happen to like the little "dancing" wifi and arrow icons myself. Why not have them dancing left and right?? What is it getting in the way of? I don't get it..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss