Microsoft Account Tile went missing

GabrielStorm

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
yesterday while doing some things on my 1520, I
tapped the Microsoft Account tile and it disappeared.
now i can't seem to locate it in my library on phone
or in the store.

is there a way to get it back?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Go to settings, email, tap on you Microsoft account and see what's it's named as, then go to apps list and find that app, it's basically your Microsoft account

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Are you talking about email account - look in apps list for Inbox (or whatever you named it), else ...

look in Settings >> email & accounts ...

GabrielStorm

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
think you are talking about me tile. , its in people hub.
no. not the me tile. the tile i am talking about
had the windows flag and was titled Microsoft Account.

i tapped on it, screen went black as though it was
taking me to the account, then returned to my home
screen and the tile was no longer there.

BritDad

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if it is related, but since yesterday on my 820 WP 8.1 DP, I can't log in to my Xbox account on the Games app; and when I checked the email and accounts option in Settings, l click on Microsoft account and it shows me Hotmail email. Really weird because my Microsoft account isn't linked to a hotmail account at all. I hope this is some temporary glitch.

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site

This isn't a tile that you should normally have. It was likely a temporary glitch.

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if it is related, but since yesterday on my 820 WP 8.1 DP, I can't log in to my Xbox account on the Games app; and when I checked the email and accounts option in Settings, l click on Microsoft account and it shows me Hotmail email. Really weird because my Microsoft account isn't linked to a hotmail account at all. I hope this is some temporary glitch.

If there is no e-mail associated with it, whenever you go into settings and Email and accounts and go under your Microsoft Account, just uncheck 'Email' for Content to sync. As far as it saying 'Hotmail' in the settings, this is normal, but Hotmail should not appear in your apps list unless you have Email checked for Content to sync. This has nothing to do with the Xbox account for the Games app. What issue are you having logging into it?

BritDad

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
If there is no e-mail associated with it, whenever you go into settings and Email and accounts and go under your Microsoft Account, just uncheck 'Email' for Content to sync. As far as it saying 'Hotmail' in the settings, this is normal, but Hotmail should not appear in your apps list unless you have Email checked for Content to sync. This has nothing to do with the Xbox account for the Games app. What issue are you having logging into it?
When I open the games app and go to social page, I am not automatically signed in as usual. Clicking on the Join Xbox or sign in button has no effect, nothing happens. The odd thing is that Xbox Extras is working fine with my avatar, and the store purchase history is correct as well. I have restarted the phone but it doesn't help. Could it be a location issue?

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site

Stumped, when you tapped on it in the past, what happened / opened ?

... took you where ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon