08-31-2014 11:19 AM
30 12
tools
    Mine was described as an unbranded device--however, that may just mean in the generic sense, that it doesn't have a splash screen, or personalized software, unlike other unlocked devices. I know inherently that it's a Taiwanese handset (I visit my family there every so often).

The extras+info confirms as much. Manufacturer name: RM-892-apac_taiwan_328

Mobile Operator: 000-TW (again, Taiwanese handset)

Configuration ID: 439385

Of course, this doesn't really change anything in regards to my problem (and according to Nokia, there is no way to fix this problem by flashing a ROM, as I've heard some suggest). As much as I like the 925, I'm thinking that maybe I need to wait for a HTC M8 and just grab one of those--I've had much better luck with internet sharing on unlocked HTC handsets in the past.
    08-29-2014 08:19 AM
    Mobile Operator: 000-TW (again, Taiwanese handset)
    000 means it is indeed an unbranded version for Taiwan region. Not much you can do there. It is built into the ROM/firmware.
    08-29-2014 08:49 AM
    000 means it is indeed an unbranded version for Taiwan region. Not much you can do there. It is built into the ROM/firmware.
    Well, I guess the description was correct then. Internet sharing did work until I updated it.

I think I may keep clear of Nokia in the future.
    08-29-2014 09:10 AM
    Hi guys, same bit here..Before Cyan, i could tether TMO internet on my ATT L925 with the "Foreign SIM hack". I went to update to Cyan, and guess what.."Please go to bla bla website to upgrade"WTF. I paid outright for my ATT L925, its my phone, I should have all the friggin features. Needless to say, I went through the hack again, and no luck..last step says click on add APN, but Cyan doesn't have that button anymore, just a "SIM" button, where you click it, the TMO APN is already there.so they have friggin ACTIVELY blocked it!!! On the other hand, my wife's ATT GOPhone SIM is working with tethering on the device!!!!.
    08-29-2014 11:16 PM
    Hi guys, same bit here…..Before Cyan, i could tether TMO internet on my ATT L925 with the "Foreign SIM hack". I went to update to Cyan, and guess what.."Please go to bla bla website to upgrade"…WTF. I paid outright for my ATT L925, its my phone, I should have all the friggin features. Needless to say, I went through the hack again, and no luck..last step says click on add APN, but Cyan doesn't have that button anymore, just a "SIM" button, where you click it, the TMO APN is already there….so they have friggin ACTIVELY blocked it!!! On the other hand, my wife's ATT GOPhone SIM is working with tethering on the device!!!!.
    I don't completely follow, but yes, I think you can only have it for 8.0--and only if you're lucky (?) if that makes any sense. I'm going to try it on a different 925 handset some time next week probably, but I have no idea how that's going to play out.

On the other hand, I can't even do "basic" things like flashing unbranded ROM onto a branded phone, and even if I could, I'd probably be too terrified since even the smallest of changes seems to take away internet sharing.
    08-31-2014 11:19 AM
30 12