Windows Phone 8.1 Is Now Ready to Storm the Enterprise Phone Market

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I saw this the other day. I think that with today's Update, it definitely goes a long way. Microsoft has the best vertical integration of any enterprise player *glances evilly at IBM and Apple* by being able to have one company deploy your cloud, desktop, laptops, tablets (or both in the case of the Surface), and phone and not having to worry about compatibility or support. BYOD will probably be determined by the consumer market (and we all know how that turned out) but I have lots of faith for them in the enterprise.

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
White Lumia devices especially the 5xx and 6xx do look like storm troopers from Star Wars:)

Lol, big like.

Ironically many of star wars fictions 20 to 30 years ago are a reality today .😊

This is not a movie dog. Rip, Rip.

ITT administrators what do you say?

Last edited:

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I saw this the other day. I think that with today's Update, it definitely goes a long way. Microsoft has the best vertical integration of any enterprise player *glances evilly at IBM and Apple* by being able to have one company deploy your cloud, desktop, laptops, tablets (or both in the case of the Surface), and phone and not having to worry about compatibility or support. BYOD will probably be determined by the consumer market (and we all know how that turned out) but I have lots of faith for them in the enterprise.

Excellent observation

"one company to deploy your cloud, desktop, laptops, tablets (or both in the case of the Surface), and phone"

"Cloud first, mobile fist" said time and time again by Satya. Nadella.

With this update do you think we are finally entering the Satya era?

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Excellent observation

"one company to deploy your cloud, desktop, laptops, tablets (or both in the case of the Surface), and phone"

"Cloud first, mobile fist" said time and time again by Satya. Nadella.

With this update do you think we are finally entering the Satya era?

Nah, definitely not yet. Microsoft really started to take their phone OS seriously around GDR2. This update is just the result of those efforts that were put into place about a year ago, when Ballmer was still around. Now, there are some things that have clearly been affected by Satya's influence like how they're closing down Asha (if I remember correctly, they were suppose to integrate Microsoft products into Asha). I think Windows 9.1 (yes, the first update to Threshold) will be the first time we truly see Satya's un-ballmered influence on the software.

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Nah, definitely not yet. Microsoft really started to take their phone OS seriously around GDR2. This update is just the result of those efforts that were put into place about a year ago, when Ballmer was still around. Now, there are some things that have clearly been affected by Satya's influence like how they're closing down Asha (if I remember correctly, they were suppose to integrate Microsoft products into Asha). I think Windows 9.1 (yes, the first update to Threshold) will be the first time we truly see Satya's un-ballmered influence on the software.

Understood. Will see what threshold brings. Perhaps is to early to tell. We have to wait for 9.1. But this current update is bringing nothing but positive reviews every where through out the boards. That's is a ++ without the C since we are are C# now. Lol

It is evident though that MSFT is on the right track regardless of market shares. So perhaps threshold will put MSFT over the hump and seal the deal on both enterprise and consumers.

Will see 2018 is the dead line. Four years to go. 😊

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99