I've gone into the "add account" bit, selected Outlook.com and it then asks me to sign in to my MS account. But when I enter the sign-in details it says "Account already exists. There's already an account on this phone using (email address), called Outlook"

Presumably because the email address is my MS account sign-in name.

But I can't find Outlook on the phone, so how do I set up the email account on the phone then?

Confused girl or dumb blonde, you decide.
    08-05-2014 07:36 AM
    I've gone into the "add account" bit, selected Outlook.com and it then asks me to sign in to my MS account. But when I enter the sign-in details it says "Account already exists. There's already an account on this phone using (email address), called Outlook"

Presumably because the email address is my MS account sign-in name.

But I can't find Outlook on the phone, so how do I set up the email account on the phone then?

Confused girl or dumb blonde, you decide.
    If it's the only email account you have, then that Outlook will be the email for your MS account. Should be in your app list as Outlook.
    08-05-2014 07:38 AM
    I have other Gmail accounts which I have set up but I have this problem with the Outlook one. There is no "Outlook" in my app list, which is partly why I'm confused.
    08-05-2014 07:46 AM
    I have other Gmail accounts which I have set up but I have this problem with the Outlook one. There is no "Outlook" in my app list, which is partly why I'm confused.
    If it's not there, try adding it as an Exchange account - for some reason that's how it recognises other Outlook accounts, don't ask why lol.

Alternatively, check to see if you linked any inboxes together.
    Andrea988 likes this.
    08-05-2014 07:47 AM
    Can you post of a screenshot of your email+accounts screen.
    08-05-2014 07:49 AM
    Can you post of a screenshot of your email+accounts screen.
    This is the sequence of events. As you can see from the last screenshot, there is no Outlook. If I try using Exchange it says account not found or something like that.

n1.jpgn2.jpgn3.jpg

After signing in:
    n4.jpg
    n5.jpg
    08-05-2014 08:20 AM
    You're problem could be that the outlook account that the phone says that you have may not be set to sync email. If it is set to not sync email it will not show in the list on the apps page. Try this:

Go to settings > email + accounts. Look to see if there is an account listed called "outlook". If it is there then click on the account and verify that sync email is checked. If it is not there then click on every account listed and make sure that email is set to sync on all accounts. Pay special attention to the Microsoft account. It will be listed as Microsoft account, but under the settings the name can be changed to something else (like outlook) and under the apps page if email is selected to sync... it will show as that name. You could have changed the name to outlook and set the email not to sync causing you not to be able to see it.

This may not be the case..... but I have a couple of accounts that I only sync the calendars. Doing this I noticed not syncing email removed the account from the apps page.
    Last edited by Insane Toad; 08-05-2014 at 12:56 PM.
    Andrea988 likes this.
    08-05-2014 12:10 PM
    Yes it is showing on that list as the Microsoft Account, and is set to sync but on syncing via the Outlook account it says its up to date, but hasn't actually loaded any of the emails.

I don't know how it can possibly sync - I have never been asked for the password for the email account, just the Microsoft account which has a different password.
    08-05-2014 01:44 PM
    How old is the most recent email? The default option is to only show emails from the last couple of days.
    08-05-2014 02:05 PM
    Yes it is showing on that list as the Microsoft Account, and is set to sync but on syncing via the Outlook account it says its up to date, but hasn't actually loaded any of the emails.

I don't know how it can possibly sync - I have never been asked for the password for the email account, just the Microsoft account which has a different password.
    I had this problem with my Google account, which had the same email address as my Yahoo account. I wasn't able to add the Google account until I gave it a different email address (set one up in gmail and linked it to the Google account). I don't use Outlook, so don't know if you can do this, but maybe you could set up an alias email address in Outlook and use that as the account address in WP?
    08-05-2014 02:29 PM
    I gave up in the end and went down a similar route by converting it to a Gmail address and then setting up a new Gmail account on the phone. Not the way I wanted it but it doesn't really matter, job done.
    08-05-2014 04:26 PM
    There's a super simple way to get a tile back. Simply uncheck "email" for your account and save, then go back into that account's settings and turn back on email sync. A tile for that account will appear at the bottom of the Start screen.
    08-05-2014 06:43 PM
    How old is the most recent email? The default option is to only show emails from the last couple of days.
    I have mine set to show as they arrive, and in any event it should have downloaded the past 7 days' emails.
    08-06-2014 07:38 AM
    There's a super simple way to get a tile back. Simply uncheck "email" for your account and save, then go back into that account's settings and turn back on email sync. A tile for that account will appear at the bottom of the Start screen.
    True, but that's not the issue here.
    08-06-2014 07:41 AM