As I suspect we've all learned just by being on the forum(look up), the Windows Phone 8.1 update apparently added compatibility to all Windows Phones for Smartwatches.
    Does this mean Microsoft is planning to create their own Smartwatch? Or did they just do it to provide access to third-part Smartwatches? I'm curious about a Smartwatch manufactured and designed by Microsoft, and I'm not sure a Smartwatch produced by anybody by Microsoft themselves would be the quality or have been given the time and thought needed to create a worthy Smartwatch. As sad as it is, most companies don't pay much attention to Microsoft, instead focusing their energy on making the best for Android(Apple is a general ***** and doesn't like anybody apparently).
    08-05-2014 06:32 PM
    As I suspect we've all learned just by being on the forum(look up), the Windows Phone 8.1 update apparently added compatibility to all Windows Phones for Smartwatches.
    Does this mean Microsoft is planning to create their own Smartwatch? Or did they just do it to provide access to third-part Smartwatches? I'm curious about a Smartwatch manufactured and designed by Microsoft, and I'm not sure a Smartwatch produced by anybody by Microsoft themselves would be the quality or have been given the time and thought needed to create a worthy Smartwatch. As sad as it is, most companies don't pay much attention to Microsoft, instead focusing their energy on making the best for Android(Apple is a general ***** and doesn't like anybody apparently).
    There's been rumours of it, but I suspect that Pebble may be coming to WP8.1 Update 1.

See these three videos -

This user also appears to have a YouTube video showing pattern lock passwords.
    08-05-2014 06:37 PM
    Perhaps in the future updates for 8.1 we'll see more features hinting at a new Smartwatch optimized for Windows Phones. I don't need it but I still think they're very cool.
    08-05-2014 06:48 PM
    Im hoping this means pebble is coming, been wanting one for a while =D!
    08-05-2014 08:44 PM
    There's a few startups out there claiming they're device will be WP compatible. No one's seen one working yet though. Other than perhaps a prototype demo on YouTube.
    08-05-2014 08:55 PM
    I personally hope Microsoft has their Nokia division work on a new watch once they get all their phones out. It'll be a while but it means colorful and well built designs and something that'll definitely be optimized for Windows Phones.
    08-05-2014 10:27 PM