IE 11 WP8.1 GDR 1... Worse or better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sp12er

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Anyone noticing some improvements in the Browser's performance? So far... Mine only annoys me by not wanting to open Youtube in Desktop mode (always going to Mobile mode)... It's ... annoying.

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Anyone noticing some improvements in the Browser's performance? So far... Mine only annoys me by not wanting to open Youtube in Desktop mode (always going to Mobile mode)... It's ... annoying.
Page rendering seems slight faster. Try this....type YouTube. It surely takes you to the mobile YouTube. Now click the options menu...on the top left corner on Mobil YouTube page....there is a option for switching to desktop mode....click it and you are good to go

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
You can go to Desktop Youtube, but chances are the video wont play. That's my only gripe so far. Especially considering Apps only play 720p and the browser was the only way to get 1080p and it worked near flawlessly before.

WVd02uU.jpg

elitejedimaster

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
I was having issues pop up recently with web pages generating an app request, saying an app was needed, but no app was obviously available. With the new update, I no longer experience this issue, and in fact, the pages look better than before. I understand this is a result of some sleight of hand regarding the browser string, but I feel that web sites were ignoring Windows phone users' needs.

The fact that WinPhone is able to render even these pages using the code intended for IOS shows just how good our stuff is.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
You can go to Desktop Youtube, but chances are the video wont play. That's my only gripe so far. Especially considering Apps only play 720p and the browser was the only way to get 1080p and it worked near flawlessly before.

http://i.imgur.com/WVd02uU.jpg
Why do you really need to view videos in 1080p, isn't that a lot of hassle? Having to zoom in and out of the browser just to get to your favorite video.

720p is pretty good and looks good even on 1080p devices.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
You lost me at zooming in and out. Also, I have a 1080p 6" phone, so... The point is, this update broke Youtube.

Also, did you my screenshot? Alot of videos wont even play on the desktop site.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
You lost me at zooming in and out. Also, I have a 1080p 6" phone, so... The point is, this update broke Youtube.

Also, did you my screenshot? Alot of videos wont even play on the desktop site.
I get your point but I have never liked using the Desktop version especially when you have a lot of amazing YouTube apps on the Windows Phone Store.

I own a 15 inch 768p laptop and honestly I like 720p and have never really desired anything more than that.

lSsantos

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
It's not crashing as before and I'm not having problems with YouTube, but something weird happened today. An website message saying that my device has 4 viruses O.O, I tough it only happens on Android devices (My Sister's Android has this behavior in many sites)

Sp12er

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Page rendering seems slight faster. Try this....type YouTube. It surely takes you to the mobile YouTube. Now click the options menu...on the top left corner on Mobil YouTube page....there is a option for switching to desktop mode....click it and you are good to go

You're right! Thanks.... But... What I'm seeing her? Why can't I find the "reply" button for comment anymore???
Edit: Oh, sorry, there reply button is hidden... Though it's not obvious enough for me to think that it's there... Is this supposed to be the real render of the website? I didn't see this in my Aurora or IE browser in my Laptop.

Sp12er

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I get your point but I have never liked using the Desktop version especially when you have a lot of amazing YouTube apps on the Windows Phone Store.

I own a 15 inch 768p laptop and honestly I like 720p and have never really desired anything more than that.

Agree... The loss of the resolution setting of the video is definitely a setback... Now I can't set it to low because I just want to hear the music... And can't set it to 1080p when I want to, this is stupid.

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
You're right! Thanks.... But... What I'm seeing her? Why can't I find the "reply" button for comment anymore???

Edit: Oh, sorry, there reply button is hidden... Though it's not obvious enough for me to think that it's there... Is this supposed to be the real render of the website? I didn't see this in my Aurora or IE browser in my Laptop.

No this isn't the real render as the desktop website is optimized for cellphone. That is why you always get to see this on the top of the page "e have redirected you to the desktop website. Return to mobile YouTube"

harishankarumapathy

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
After the update to the browser to behave like an iOS safari or something like that, some websites give me a pop up that says, there is an app available, however clicking on it, takes me to google play store webpage. Capital one bank acc says, pin this website you your home page and shows ios safari icon !

Sp12er

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
After the update to the browser to behave like an iOS safari or something like that, some websites give me a pop up that says, there is an app available, however clicking on it, takes me to google play store webpage. Capital one bank acc says, pin this website you your home page and shows ios safari icon !
That's... Disturbing.... Couldn't it be just a normal Website as usual?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05