Selecting ALL emails still not possible in Update 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Vanroy

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Even though the recently posted changelog put me on high hopes for this option, you can still not select all emails in Update 1. Or at least not in the dev preview.

The changelog states: Selection. With improved selection, you can now delete multiple calls, messages, or contacts.

I had hoped you could also select all emails, but alas. I can't get my head around this, why is it so hard to implement? Why doesn't MS implement this? Looks like simple enough option. I'd just like to select all my emails and select them as read! (Working with a POP email, IMAP is not possible in this use case.)

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Microsoft seems to have an aversion to updating the email functionality of WP, been basically the same since WP 7.5.

froi francisco

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
I hear you bro...been clamoring for this feature as well for a long time now.. If they are having a hard time implementing the attached file, so be it...but the absence of the feature to select all is unreasonable to my opinion..

byobg

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft seems to have an aversion to updating the email functionality of WP, been basically the same since WP 7.5.

Be grateful for that - I think they (mostly) got it right in 7.5 (though I'd like Select All/Mark All As Read too). But have you tried the "Metro" mail app on Windows 8.1 or RT? I hope no plans are in the works to "upgrade" the WP mail experience to that, so that there'll be "parity" among them all, because that app is awful.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Be grateful for that - I think they (mostly) got it right in 7.5 (though I'd like Select All/Mark All As Read too). But have you tried the "Metro" mail app on Windows 8.1 or RT? I hope no plans are in the works to "upgrade" the WP mail experience to that, so that there'll be "parity" among them all, because that app is awful.

At least you can perform normal email tasks with the Windows email client, the one on WP is basically nothing more than a viewer.

KSilcox

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I was pretty disappointed about this, as well. Seems so fundamental. How can they continue to miss this feature?
'Mark All as Read' would be pretty danged handy, as well.

Y2HBK

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I still dont understand how they havent given us the option to choose what happens when deleting an email. I can get 20 emails in an hour at my job. So when I check my device and delete an email I want it to automatically take me to the next email, not back to the email list. This is something I sorely miss from my Android.

fardream

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
The Windows phone team is simply a failure.... When they announced the restructure, I hoped they would fire Joe Belfiore....

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
If you want to talk about DP, I recommend posting in DP sections. This is for "real" WP8.1. This ISN'T the forum for Update 1. Use the search button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss