Good Apps for Windows Phone 8.1

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I'm looking for some good apps optimized for the 8.1 update. I found a YouTube app I like, but is there a good music app? Are there good apps in general I may want? I'd appreciate any help, thank you.

k72

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
I second "Find My Music Too." Someone here mentioned it and its great! The best player I've found.

"Reminders" by Michael Lg is also an app I can't do without. It doesn't rely on location so if you turn off Wi-Fi, location, etc, you still get the timed reminders. I use this app everyday. It's also nice to use as an alarm clock/timer to remind you to leave so that way you don't have to worry about an alarm going off the next day if you forget to turn it off (I really wish the alarms would silence when you silence your phone).

http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=bd3986b9-09d8-4181-8e4a-428cf65c6aa3

I really like the Evernote app, if you use that. It's pretty nice and you can pin notes and notebooks (which for some reason OneNote won't let you do).

I also downloaded Cal, but really just for the tile. I use the default calendar app to add things, but I like being able to see multiple future events on the live tile.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Is Reminders supported by Cortana? It's nice to be able to schedule anything at any time with one click and a couple words.
I use OneNote a bunch. I have so much stuff saved to OneNote.
Find My Music...I'll look at it. I mean, if I don't like it I can just uninstall right? Haha.

k72

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
She'll open the app, but it's not integrated. I've been leaving her turned off lately for battery life, so I was actually looking for something that didn't rely on Cortana, although it would be nice to have that integration since I tend to remember things I need to put in when I'm driving.

It is nice that we can just install and uninstall any app so easily. 😊

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs