Wish list for GDR 2 in the next Lumia firmware.

Ashwin J Pillai

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Otg support and ability to share files through WiFi and also the ability to control music through the live tile itself and my Lumia will become complete

bcongl

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
How about a quick MUTE tile to mute ALL sounds.
Delete all for mail would be nice both in the inbox and trash. Deleting one at a time is a real pain.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
How about a quick MUTE tile to mute ALL sounds.
Delete all for mail would be nice both in the inbox and trash. Deleting one at a time is a real pain.

Lol you can already delete as much mail at the same time as you want, just click the button that brings up all the check boxes and check everything you want to delete, then you just click delete :)

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I would like to see a fully interactive help guide for all the users who don't know how to use their phones properly.... That way I won't have to wade through a thousand 'there's a bug' facepalm threads!!!!

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
This isn't what I necessarily want in the next update...just eventually.
Instead of white and black background themes, give us the opportunity to choose out of the same colors we can for the general theme. Example, we can mix our favorite colors or have a theme that makes our background picture look a lot nicer.
A more deeply integrated action center and Cortana. Also, make them look nicer, they don't seem to quite fit in...
Live tile interaction
Better eMail app. It's annoying to have an eMail just disappear after a few days and then you can't even retrieve it. As far as I know.(tell me if there's a solution)
Faster transition times. I'm tired of waiting for apps and such to load like this. Even the most powerful Windows Phones have it.
I have a lot more but I'm too lazy.

Brandon Tobias

May 6, 2014
Visit site
- Copy/Cut/Paste clip tray to copy and paste multiple texts across multiple apps with ease

- More integrated sharing apps (WhatsApp/Instagram...) to appear on any share option for pics/videos.. sometimes only the Bluetooth/Email/NFC share options appear

- More integration for contacts with the related apps (once I add a contact, his WhatsApp/Viber etc.. affiliations would appear from within the contact file and not only manage to find them through the communication app itself)

- When Screen shot is taken, a notification on the notification bar with a shortcut to the photo with editing shortcuts would make it a lot easier to crop and share on the spot...

- A simpler editing interface (crop/color) for photos... instead of having to go through various clicks and apps to reach into the Nokia editing suite per pic..

- Deeper integration of the status updates/notifications within the tiles live/folders

- Multiple window view for operating multiple tasks simultaneously

- The option to expand a folder or tile to occupy a whole horizontal column space or the option to expand them downwards into a longitudinal form

- Enabling live background wallpapers (galaxies. tunnel effects, etc... ) with the same parallax effect

- Syncing of in-app data (after the update, i lost all the purchases i made in Tank Invaders game)

- Fave apps option in Store, for apps that i want to check out later

- Ability to group apps or change the view of the apps in the App section, scrolling down and up all the way is tiresome sometimes, if not most of the time..

- Ability to enable call recording with 3rd party apps. sometimes its needed for various reasons

Just suggestions.. Love the phone, love the OS and the updates/'changes, totally abandoned Android with my Nokia Lumia 1520
Nice list but that will be for the next version of windows well some of the features you are asking for that is

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Think most people would put "timely release" at the top of their wishlist..... :)

It seems to me that MS has picked up the pace considerably in the past few months about timely release of updates but if you're talking about device release dates I would agree that there is room for improvement

Draganta

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
My top 10:

- Data toggle in the action center.

Brandon Tobias

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I would just like the ability to sort the settings list by putting the things I use the most at the top. I know some people don't like the long list but I do because nothing is hidden. Makes it so much easier to use.

i already did a mockup of how this would look and categorized settings so MS can use that for settings as well as i added search to settings.sett.jpg

Brandon Tobias

May 6, 2014
Visit site
1)Bring back the integration of facebook just like wp8
2)faster OS
3) official facebook app from facebook.inc if you cant bring back the integration
4) convert apps and games for 512 MB ram
5) Xbox music and video apps must be faster

Facebook is not building an official app. only the facebook messenger
Micrsoft has shares in Facebook and as such they build the facebook app it lacks features yes but its well done in my opinion... i hate the integration of FB with the people hub as ill have too much contacts to sift through ... but the option should be there and MS should add features that the Android and IOS app have.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre