Notification LED = Windows key?

airjeff

May 22, 2013
Visit site
It might end up being the more premium devices have the physical buttons. Then they could also have the notification light too. :)

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Personally, I would have preferred the notification light at the top (same that the battery uses) as a notification light...but I guess any notification light would do. I missed it from my bb. :)

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Maybe a cool idea, but cue the moaning about 'battery drain' if it's implemented...

Don't be lazy... One click to power on or double tap to wake, or is that too much to do.....

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Maybe a cool idea, but cue the moaning about 'battery drain' if it's implemented...

Don't be lazy... One click to power on or double tap to wake, or is that too much to do.....

Actually it has nothing to do with being "lazy". Coming from a blackberry to wp this was one of the features I missed
the most. There were times when my phone had to be on silent and away from me and the only way for me to know that I missed an important call/message/email was the notification light. I also could customise the colors per contact. It was extremely useful.

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Actually it has nothing to do with being "lazy". Coming from a blackberry to wp this was one of the features I missed
the most. There were times when my phone had to be on silent and away from me and the only way for me to know that I missed an important call/message/email was the notification light. I also could customise the colors per contact. It was extremely useful.

Yeah,, it is being lazy....
Keep your phone near you, or use the Glance screen (that's it purpose after all - unless you have a 930 or Icon of course).

Continually wanting all these supposed 'missing' features to be added to WP, will,eventually turn into into a lagfest of biblical proportions.
The bigger the ROM, the more RAM and resources it will use, the slower it will become. We are seeing it a bit in WP8.1 compared to WP8.

Stuttering and the like. Unless you have a 930 or 1520 it will become noticeable... Just saying!!!

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Yeah,, it is being lazy....
Keep your phone near you, or use the Glance screen (that's it purpose after all - unless you have a 930 or Icon of course).

Continually wanting all these supposed 'missing' features to be added to WP, will,eventually turn into into a lagfest of biblical proportions.
The bigger the ROM, the more RAM and resources it will use, the slower it will become. We are seeing it a bit in WP8.1 compared to WP8.

Stuttering and the like. Unless you have a 930 or 1520 it will become noticeable... Just saying!!!

Well, I guess hundreds of millions of blackberry users that enjoyed the notification light are lazy. (Call it whatever you want...) Remember the debate about a notification panel? Ppl argued that live tiles take away the need for a notification panel...and dont let me revive the wireless charging debate! Lol! Some argued that those who want wireless charging are "lazy" as well. Some ppl even said that those wanting the Glance screen were lazy since you still have to touch the phone to use it. Now if msft removed wireless charging, the notification panel, and Glance the whole world would be in an uproar.

You call it "laziness", I call it features...and Microsoft agrees! :)

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Wouldn't a flashing colored light on the glance screen accomplish the same task? Just have a few pixels in the upper right corner flash different colors when you have a notification.

MikeLip

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Well, I guess hundreds of millions of blackberry users that enjoyed the notification light are lazy. (Call it whatever you want...) Remember the debate about a notification panel? Ppl argued that live tiles take away the need for a notification panel...and dont let me revive the wireless charging debate! Lol! Some argued that those who want wireless charging are "lazy" as well. Some ppl even said that those wanting the Glance screen were lazy since you still have to touch the phone to use it. Now if msft removed wireless charging, the notification panel, and Glance the whole world would be in an uproar.

You call it "laziness", I call it features...and Microsoft agrees! :)

Also coming from BB and also missing the notification light. You don't have to play with the phone. It's a nice feature.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb