I was missing my notification LED from the days of old and I had the brainstorm that the Windows key would work great for devices with physical buttons. I went over to uservoice and found I wasn't the first with that idea, LOL.
    Make the windows key work as a notification led light too. – Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone
    So, put in a vote if you want Microsoft to take notice.
    08-07-2014 01:51 PM
    It's a cool idea... personally I don't see why they're getting rid of the physical buttons to be honest.
    08-07-2014 01:52 PM
    It might end up being the more premium devices have the physical buttons. Then they could also have the notification light too. :)
    08-07-2014 02:17 PM
    That is a purely awesome idea. Put a tricolor LED behind it.
    08-07-2014 04:11 PM
    Personally, I would have preferred the notification light at the top (same that the battery uses) as a notification light...but I guess any notification light would do. I missed it from my bb. :)
    08-07-2014 04:23 PM
    Maybe a cool idea, but cue the moaning about 'battery drain' if it's implemented...

Don't be lazy... One click to power on or double tap to wake, or is that too much to do.....
    08-07-2014 05:17 PM
    Yes... a flashing LED REALLY kills batteries.....DDTW would use 100x more power than an LED.
    Bugrahan likes this.
    08-07-2014 05:20 PM
    Yes... a flashing LED REALLY kills batteries.....DDTW would use 100x more power than an LED.
    Obviously it doesn't, but if there was battery drain, the 'flashing LED' would be blamed..... That was my point....
    08-07-2014 05:30 PM
    Maybe a cool idea, but cue the moaning about 'battery drain' if it's implemented...

Don't be lazy... One click to power on or double tap to wake, or is that too much to do.....
    Actually it has nothing to do with being "lazy". Coming from a blackberry to wp this was one of the features I missed
    the most. There were times when my phone had to be on silent and away from me and the only way for me to know that I missed an important call/message/email was the notification light. I also could customise the colors per contact. It was extremely useful.
    08-07-2014 05:40 PM
    Actually it has nothing to do with being "lazy". Coming from a blackberry to wp this was one of the features I missed
    the most. There were times when my phone had to be on silent and away from me and the only way for me to know that I missed an important call/message/email was the notification light. I also could customise the colors per contact. It was extremely useful.
    Yeah,, it is being lazy....
    Keep your phone near you, or use the Glance screen (that's it purpose after all - unless you have a 930 or Icon of course).

Continually wanting all these supposed 'missing' features to be added to WP, will,eventually turn into into a lagfest of biblical proportions.
    The bigger the ROM, the more RAM and resources it will use, the slower it will become. We are seeing it a bit in WP8.1 compared to WP8.

Stuttering and the like. Unless you have a 930 or 1520 it will become noticeable... Just saying!!!
    08-07-2014 06:06 PM
    Yeah,, it is being lazy....
    Keep your phone near you, or use the Glance screen (that's it purpose after all - unless you have a 930 or Icon of course).

Continually wanting all these supposed 'missing' features to be added to WP, will,eventually turn into into a lagfest of biblical proportions.
    The bigger the ROM, the more RAM and resources it will use, the slower it will become. We are seeing it a bit in WP8.1 compared to WP8.

Stuttering and the like. Unless you have a 930 or 1520 it will become noticeable... Just saying!!!
    Well, I guess hundreds of millions of blackberry users that enjoyed the notification light are lazy. (Call it whatever you want...) Remember the debate about a notification panel? Ppl argued that live tiles take away the need for a notification panel...and dont let me revive the wireless charging debate! Lol! Some argued that those who want wireless charging are "lazy" as well. Some ppl even said that those wanting the Glance screen were lazy since you still have to touch the phone to use it. Now if msft removed wireless charging, the notification panel, and Glance the whole world would be in an uproar.

You call it "laziness", I call it features...and Microsoft agrees! :)
    08-07-2014 06:32 PM
    now that you said it OP, glance screen gives any led light a run for its money, lol
    08-07-2014 06:43 PM
    Ok, oddly condescending people.... I have the icon...no double tap or glance. Lol. The LED on the buttons would be awesome.
    08-07-2014 06:56 PM
    Ok, oddly condescending people.... I have the icon...no double tap or glance. Lol. The LED on the buttons would be awesome.
    I have a 620 and that has both... I'd rather have an LED to be honest.
    08-07-2014 06:59 PM
    Wouldn't a flashing colored light on the glance screen accomplish the same task? Just have a few pixels in the upper right corner flash different colors when you have a notification.
    08-07-2014 10:16 PM
    Guys already there was a similar idea ...Vote for this ....It has 36,826 votes and it will be much easier to get microsoft attention....

Blinking LED notification for Missed Calls Email SMS – Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone

In case anyone missed out definitely vote for this idea and in future we may see this...
    08-08-2014 12:55 AM
    It's a cool idea... personally I don't see why they're getting rid of the physical buttons to be honest.
    Think it has something to do with OEMs being able to reuse android hardware
    08-08-2014 12:59 AM
    Wouldn't a flashing colored light on the glance screen accomplish the same task? Just have a few pixels in the upper right corner flash different colors when you have a notification.
    What about non Nokia phones that don't have glance
    08-08-2014 01:01 AM
    What about non Nokia phones that don't have glance
    They're out of luck then.
    08-08-2014 10:59 AM
    Well, I guess hundreds of millions of blackberry users that enjoyed the notification light are lazy. (Call it whatever you want...) Remember the debate about a notification panel? Ppl argued that live tiles take away the need for a notification panel...and dont let me revive the wireless charging debate! Lol! Some argued that those who want wireless charging are "lazy" as well. Some ppl even said that those wanting the Glance screen were lazy since you still have to touch the phone to use it. Now if msft removed wireless charging, the notification panel, and Glance the whole world would be in an uproar.

You call it "laziness", I call it features...and Microsoft agrees! :)
    Also coming from BB and also missing the notification light. You don't have to play with the phone. It's a nice feature.
    peacefulberry likes this.
    08-08-2014 02:23 PM