When will the bitlocker issue be solved

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I've seen a screenshot of the BitLocker issue. But not seen it myself. But then again, I've not met anyone with a Windows Phone yet.
There's good reason for corporate policies to allow the install of apps yet insist the storage is encrypted. Many companies tread that line of "you can hook up your phone to receive company email if you want, but we're gonna encrypt it and have remote wipe ability". Others, of course, go for a much more locked down approach (particularly if equipment is company-issued).
No one really knows what's going on inside MS with all of the recent issues. And the total absence of communication from them confirms that either no one inside MS really knows what's going on inside MS, or (and perhaps more likely) they don't really care enough to get organised and communicate/fix things.

eddieDOTexe

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Just flash the phone with Nokia Software Recovery Tool having your phone first backed up. It takes about 30 minutes to flash directly to commercial 8.1 (new) plus Cyan. I did it today and afterwards restored my DP account. Everything worked perfect for me...

But see this doesn't help 810 owners who aren't getting commercial 8.1 OR Cyan.

sexyantonio

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately, you are right! To options left: if there are product codes for 810 for which the update is available you may try to rebrand your phone ( for sure more complicated procedure but still possible). If not, you have to wait...By the way you may tweet Nokia Care (not Microsoft) about the update options/timetable for your model.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately, you are right! To options left: if there are product codes for 810 for which the update is available you may try to rebrand your phone ( for sure more complicated procedure but still possible). If not, you have to wait...By the way you may tweet Nokia Care (not Microsoft) about the update options/timetable for your model.

Rebrand to whom? The 810 was a T-Mobile exclusive, nobody else offered it and there isn't even a Country Variant due to this. In other words, those owners are royally screwed. They didn't get Black, nevermind getting Cyan.

Lumia 810 T-Mobile 3043.0000.1326.0017 Available Not available Not available

Available: Amber. Not available: Black, Cyan

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Their official statement was along the lines of "the Black update turned our test phones into bricks (in the sense they could no longer make or receive phonecalls), so for this reason we will not be offering it to the public."

Reality on the other hand.... "we're not going to support it anymore, so tough".

grazy1982

May 28, 2014
Visit site
mmm, it has been a while now! I know as soon as i downgrade MS will annonce they have lifted the hold on Cyan! Joes's tweet is so confusing it sounds like he is saying update 1 has fixed it and you can download cyan but for me i can not and i know its available on O2 for the 1020!

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
mmm, it has been a while now! I know as soon as i downgrade MS will annonce they have lifted the hold on Cyan! Joes's tweet is so confusing it sounds like he is saying update 1 has fixed it and you can download cyan but for me i can not and i know its available on O2 for the 1020!

It could have been worded better you're right. What he actually meant was future updates - since Cyan's current it doesn't count in that statement.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon