A broken OneDrive app

ali80

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I made a mistake today by updating OneDrive app to the latest version 4.2.1

now it works all the time in the background using 100% of the phone resources. I tried to delete it or sign out from it but failed. sign out of my live account in the phone is not possible and soft reset will fix it in the first 10 min only. Not my biggest pain yet but My pain is how MS still keeps those trashy programmers after all these failures? it pains me a lot really.

any help to fix it other than hard reset or giving up using WP? I'll appreciate it

Lumia 930, without any other phone update.

check screenshots

wp_ss_20140808_0001.jpgwp_ss_20140808_0002.jpgwp_ss_20140808_0003.jpgwp_ss_20140808_0004.jpg

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Well that's a problem for this poster. Support forums on Microsoft are likely next best. there is also the Diagnostics store app which enables reports to be submitted. Then a hard reset...

ali80

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I'll go to their forum. I already reported them that their app contains malware or virus. I wanted to write; this is what we expect from the loyal pioneer of Prism program. But couldn't in the report.

Thank you all

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm assuming that if you go into the app and into the menu where there is a View Progress that you can't see it downloading a massive folder you may have told it too? If there is you can cancel the process there.

ali80

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Stop it running in the background from Battery Saver... Problem solved...

Did you check the screenshots?

Already is not working in the background and it's off. Also there is nothing in the app task progress upload/download. It works after 5-10 min of connecting to wifi.

ali80

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I did many times

Today I did soft reset 10 time and the wifi was off the whole day after a full recharge. The battery consumed only 3% in 8 hours which is great. Turning on wifi ignites the drain. There is no way to sign out of OneDrive to make sure of this problem. For 3 hours now, OneDrive isn't showing in the battery usage but the phone is warm even when not in use. Turning wifi off is my best solution. We use very smart phones which must turning off everything to not having these problems.

aikidaves

May 21, 2014
Visit site
There is an uninstall trick that's been mentioned in the forums a few times. I've never needed it and don't know if it will apply to OneDrive or not, but it might be worth a try. Go into Settings, then Date and Time, turn off automatic time updates, then set the date to something far in the future. Supposedly, that makes it possible to uninstall apps that otherwise don't allow it. Maybe that will let you delete your bad OneDrive installation so you can get a good reinstall.

ali80

May 29, 2013
Visit site
There is an uninstall trick that's been mentioned in the forums a few times. I've never needed it and don't know if it will apply to OneDrive or not, but it might be worth a try. Go into Settings, then Date and Time, turn off automatic time updates, then set the date to something far in the future. Supposedly, that makes it possible to uninstall apps that otherwise don't allow it. Maybe that will let you delete your bad OneDrive installation so you can get a good reinstall.

It doesn't work with onedrive

ali80

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I'll use battery saver all the time option and I'll exclude what I need like whatsaap. Only an update will fix it and I will not do hard reset for the 4th time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes