[ISSUE] Tile load time

Narciso Neto

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi all...
I have a Lumia 720 (512mb), running GRD1 of WP8.1 DP. Since I updated to this build I'm facing a real
delay on live tile draw time. Like, if you scroll fast down the homescreen, you'll see about a second of just
blank tiles (theme color) for apps that have a custom tile color/content.
And if you scroll fast back to the top (by pressing home button), tiles like People will be blank and just pop
all images that should have been there with a delay of 1 or 2 seconds...
It is a LOT annoying, because it totally break WP fluency and smoothness on low ram devices.
(that sadly is almost dead, by all "Loading" "Resuming" and app slowness). :unhappysweat:
Can someone tell me if it is another stupid move from Microsoft or it is a real issue with my Lumia?

PS.: already soft-reseted my phone, ;)

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Looks more like an OS issue. I have 1 Gig RAM device and Live folders start lagging when I apply background picture. You can try using Phone Accent colors instead of picture background(If applied) and se eif that makes the difference.

Narciso Neto

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
(...) You can try using Phone Accent colors instead of picture background(If applied) and se eif that makes the difference.
Looks like a good try, I'll see if that really makes some change :\

EDIT: Not that change, gets a little better but that much... Maybe its the third column row, I'll turn it back to 2 rows and see if that changes something :D

EDIT: It definitely gets better, even with a huge homescreen... Anyway People Tile and Cortana keeps "restarting" themselves when I press home button which is a bit annoying but I think that it is a Microsoft thing...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss