The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
08-14-2014 02:07 PM
58 123
tools
    Hi, have you got Cyan or the preview 8.1? I have Cyan and my text is a mess?
    As I stated in the post, I do not have Cyan yet (US AT&T L920), so I am running the preview 8.1 with the preview Update 1.

Note that if we're all looking at different things, it can be difficult to understand each other. ;)
    08-09-2014 11:23 AM
    As I stated in the post, I do not have Cyan yet (US AT&T L920), so I am running the preview 8.1 with the preview Update 1.

Note that if we're all looking at different things, it can be difficult to understand each other. ;)
    Agreed mate, this is why I was trying to find out what Jazmac was running before he spat his dummy out. It actually may Cyan that's doing it.
    08-09-2014 11:26 AM
    Agreed mate, this is why I was trying to find out what Jazmac was running before he spat his dummy out. It actually may Cyan that's doing it.
    Yeah, either Cyan or maybe an install problem on your phone. I've looked at this screen any number of times since I installed the preview in April, and have never seen the jumble you describe. Can you post a screen shot of what you're seeing?
    08-09-2014 11:29 AM
    Yeah, either Cyan or maybe an install problem on your phone. I've looked at this screen any number of times since I installed the preview in April, and have never seen the jumble you describe. Can you post a screen shot of what you're seeing?
    Mate it's good to hear your voice of reason, thanks -- it pee's me off when people always seem to think I hate WP8. Yes I've took a screen shot, but do you know how upload pics using the WPCentral app?
    08-09-2014 11:46 AM
    Mate it's good to hear your voice of reason, thanks -- it pee's me off when people always seem to think I hate WP8. Yes I've took a screen shot, but do you know how upload pics using the WPCentral app?
    Hmm, good question. I used my PC to post my screenshot. I'm not sure if it's enabled from the app. I'll go take a look.
    08-09-2014 11:59 AM
    Okay, according to this thread I found http://forums.windowscentral.com/wpc...l-wp8-app.html, which near as I can tell is still valid, the WPCentral app doesn't directly support uploading pics. You can manually enter a URL link to a site hosting your pic (OneDrive or whatever), or you can use another app like Tapatalk that does support it. Or you can do what I did, copy the pic to your PC and upload it to the forums on the WPCentral web page.
    Dazzi likes this.
    08-09-2014 12:06 PM
    Cool but too bad that I'm not going to be getting it on my HTC windows phone x
    08-09-2014 12:12 PM
    Here is print screen in WP8.1 cyan (Lumia 930):
    It is in Finnish but we are lookin the Layout

image00005.png
    Dazzi likes this.
    08-09-2014 12:30 PM
    Okay, according to this thread I found http://forums.windowscentral.com/wpc...l-wp8-app.html, which near as I can tell is still valid, the WPCentral app doesn't directly support uploading pics. You can manually enter a URL link to a site hosting your pic (OneDrive or whatever), or you can use another app like Tapatalk that does support it. Or you can do what I did, copy the pic to your PC and upload it to the forums on the WPCentral web page.
    Cheers mate, I'll upload both screenshots to my OneDrive when I get home, and then I'll share the url -- should be about 30 mins πŸ˜‰
    08-09-2014 12:35 PM
    I don't get spots when I look the screen but I still get spots when I eat fish.
    08-09-2014 12:47 PM
    Here is the link to my screenshots: [url]https://onedrive.live.com

You see that the smaller text is larger and smaller depending on which menu you are in. In the battery saver menus for apps are totally different, from say settings or Mobile + sim menus. I'm on O2 UK with Cyan. Please let me know if the link works. Regards

****Edit************

Ignore this, because the link doesn't work lol
    Last edited by Dazzi; 08-09-2014 at 01:33 PM.
    08-09-2014 01:16 PM
    Here is the link to my screenshots: https://onedrive.live.com/?gologin=1...6EFAAB44%21111

You see that the smaller text is larger and smaller depending on which menu you are in. In the battery saver menus for apps are totally different, from say settings or Mobile + sim menus. I'm on O2 UK with Cyan. Regards
    I think you have to set the pics to Shared with everybody on OneDrive before we can see them. Don'tcha just love computers?
    Dazzi likes this.
    08-09-2014 01:18 PM
    I think you have to set the pics to Shared with everybody on OneDrive before we can see them. Don'tcha just love computers?
    Cheers mate, give me 5mins I'm on my phone and I have sausage fingers lol
    08-09-2014 01:21 PM
    Right, try this link: [url]https://onedrive.live.com/?gologin=1&mkt=en-GB#cid=22C12AD36EFAAB44&id=22C12AD36EFAAB44

You see that the smaller text is larger and smaller depending on which menu you are in. In the battery saver menus for apps are totally different, from say settings or Mobile + sim menus. I'm on O2 UK with Cyan. Please let me know if the link works. Regards
    Last edited by Dazzi; 08-10-2014 at 10:00 PM.
    08-09-2014 01:31 PM
    Right, try this link: https://onedrive.live.com/?gologin=1...6EFAAB44%21110

IT'S ALIVE! LOL

Yeah, I see what you mean. Can't duplicate on my phone, which to reiterate is AT&T L920 running Black with DP 8.1 and Update 1.

Okay, folks, gauntlet time: Does anyone else get this ugliness in 8.1, with or without Cyan?
    Dazzi likes this.
    08-09-2014 01:37 PM
    IT'S ALIVE! LOL

Yeah, I see what you mean. Can't duplicate on my phone, which to reiterate is AT&T L920 running Black with DP 8.1 and Update 1.

Okay, folks, gauntlet time: Does anyone else get this ugliness in 8.1, with or without Cyan?
    Ha ha ha -- we got there in the end mate. πŸ˜‰

That's a good question to ask other members mate, because somebody who is already on Cyan -- L930 -- hasn't got this problem. Maybe it's only L920's -- it will be interesting to find out?
    08-09-2014 01:57 PM
    Something wrong with the zoom coefficient wich scales the screen info to different screen resolution. Have you factory seset the phone after update? I know it is quite a lot to do after reset but something is in knot in your phone. Let's wait other comments to this problem. It is so signifigant someone mast react to it.
    I have full HD resolution in Lumia 930 and the text is fully OK.
    Dazzi likes this.
    08-09-2014 02:15 PM
    Cheers mate, I'll upload both screenshots to my OneDrive when I get home, and then I'll share the url -- should be about 30 mins
    You can use the tapatalk app instead. Way more options in the forums.
    Dazzi likes this.
    08-09-2014 02:19 PM
    Something wrong with the zoom coefficient wich scales the screen info to different screen resolution. Have you factory seset the phone after update? I know it is quite a lot to do after reset but something is in knot in your phone. Let's wait other comments to this problem. It is so signifigant someone mast react to it.
    I have full HD resolution in Lumia 930 and the text is fully OK.
    Cheers mate, like you said it's better to see if other members have the same problem, before I do something so drastic. I don't want to risk bricking my phone. πŸ˜‰
    08-09-2014 03:16 PM
    You can use the tapatalk app instead. Way more options in the forums.
    Cheers mate I'll give it try πŸ˜‰
    08-09-2014 03:16 PM
    I feel WP 8.1 is a big stride forward compared with WP8 even with the hubs being removed. Agree completely with link . Most of the functionality of the hub has been restored, albeit in a different way and is being improved upon. The panoramic background in the photos hub is the only thing I miss about the hubs. I don`t have the text issue , which the OP mentioned , neither do I have cyan ,so can`t say much about it.

But there is something which has bothered me since upgrading to the DP. Why is it that , for an app if at the initial launch , I choose not to have the live tile , still have its background agent enabled? Why do the user again need to go back to the battery saver app to disable it?. Earlier, in WP8,this wasn`t the case as the background agent would automatically get disabled once live tile was disabled. This happens even for the official apps , so I don`t think its due to the app developers not making their apps compatible . Does Cyan fix this? Is it related to the OS or the firmware? I find it annoying that I need to do this task again. I like the fluidity of the OS which was one of the primary reason I switched to WP in addition to the modern UI, however cortana, live folders are just taking their toll, so I need to limit my background tasks. Any lag/stutter reminds me of the galaxy s4 I had a year back and its touchwiz UI :P

I haven`t gone back to WP8 and so, haven`t received cyan update. I am now on WP8.1 Update PFD. Thanks in advance
    Dazzi likes this.
    08-10-2014 06:14 AM
    A simple thing like the settings menu, have it so its either alphabetical or user defined so we can reorder the list how we want to, as it stands its a complete mess and all over the place.

As for 8 to 8.1 in the UK well.. don't have Cortana, notifications is good but had that on Android YEARS ago, the swipe keyboard is fantastic as i hated the wp keyboard. aside from that nothing much has changed, there seems to be a lot of hype about 8.1, it jut feels like all talk and little change tbh. 8.1 update one brings folders...wow [sarcasm]

I hope MS have something worth talking about soon as its baby steps to get the basics done. Biggest gripe is the useless calendar and tasks app/options, its actually a deal breaker.
    Dazzi likes this.
    08-10-2014 02:28 PM
    Tired of 8.1 ghost... It is still hauting.. Don't know when they will come out of there developer version and roll out the thing which is real and solid... Thumbs down to microsoft. Lumia 520 user
    08-10-2014 04:33 PM
    I hate it!.. Just kidding

Once I get GDR1 / Cyan which ever is sooner than I will be in a better position to answer that question.
    Dazzi likes this.
    08-10-2014 06:03 PM
    Cheers mate, like you said it's better to see if other members have the same problem, before I do something so drastic. I don't want to risk bricking my phone. πŸ˜‰
    This issue is caused by iincreasing the text size in the ease of access settings.
    Dazzi likes this.
    08-10-2014 06:57 PM
58 123