What do members think about WP 8.1 so far?

Dazzi

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
P.s Jazmac I asked a few simple question because your comment did not make the slightest bit of sense -- please read it again. You then don't answer the question, but instead try use my own words against, and end your comment in an hostile way?

Furthermore, not once you agreed with me -- are you reading the same thread? All you did is give your opinion, which I agreed with part of and then all you have done is be on the offensive -- which I don't understand?

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Jesus Christ the OCD bit was a joke -- over analysing too much. You seem to be rather passive-aggressive mate -- chill out.
"Funnily enough, you say you haven't even got Cyan -- which I have on my L920, by the way -- but what makes you think there will be anything extra from the preview? Or have you even got the preview on your 920?"
And I'm the hostile one. I'm out.

aikidaves

May 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm trying to understand the OP's point about text sizes. Here's the example provided, as I see it on my L920 running Black and the PfD versions of 8.1 and GDR1:
wp_ss_20140809_0001.png

I can't say that I see the problem. Does this screen look different on the released version with Cyan and 8.1? Or am I misunderstanding something?

Thanks!

Dazzi

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
"Funnily enough, you say you haven't even got Cyan -- which I have on my L920, by the way -- but what makes you think there will be anything extra from the preview? Or have you even got the preview on your 920?"
And I'm the hostile one. I'm out.

Geezer, everybody else has contributed logical and salient points to this discussion. Yet all you have done is spewed paranoid rants, because you think it's a conspiracy against WP8. Then when I ask you to explain what you meant, because I couldn't understand what you was going on about, you then spit your dummy out.

Come on mate, seriously I know people defend people and things they love, but this is beyond a joke. Peace

Dazzi

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm trying to understand the OP's point about text sizes. Here's the example provided, as I see it on my L920 running Black and the PfD versions of 8.1 and GDR1:
View attachment 75986

I can't say that I see the problem. Does this screen look different on the released version with Cyan and 8.1? Or am I misunderstanding something?

Thanks!

Hi, have you got Cyan or the preview 8.1? I have Cyan and my text is a mess? Go to Battery saver and click on a app to see if it's the same mate. I'll try take a screenshot -- I say try because in Microsoft's wisdom they changed it to volume button instead, which I can't get to work.

aikidaves

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi, have you got Cyan or the preview 8.1? I have Cyan and my text is a mess?

As I stated in the post, I do not have Cyan yet (US AT&T L920), so I am running the preview 8.1 with the preview Update 1.

Note that if we're all looking at different things, it can be difficult to understand each other. ;)

Dazzi

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
As I stated in the post, I do not have Cyan yet (US AT&T L920), so I am running the preview 8.1 with the preview Update 1.

Note that if we're all looking at different things, it can be difficult to understand each other. ;)

Agreed mate, this is why I was trying to find out what Jazmac was running before he spat his dummy out. It actually may Cyan that's doing it.

aikidaves

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Agreed mate, this is why I was trying to find out what Jazmac was running before he spat his dummy out. It actually may Cyan that's doing it.

Yeah, either Cyan or maybe an install problem on your phone. I've looked at this screen any number of times since I installed the preview in April, and have never seen the jumble you describe. Can you post a screen shot of what you're seeing?

Dazzi

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, either Cyan or maybe an install problem on your phone. I've looked at this screen any number of times since I installed the preview in April, and have never seen the jumble you describe. Can you post a screen shot of what you're seeing?

Mate it's good to hear your voice of reason, thanks -- it pee's me off when people always seem to think I hate WP8. Yes I've took a screen shot, but do you know how upload pics using the WPCentral app?

aikidaves

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Mate it's good to hear your voice of reason, thanks -- it pee's me off when people always seem to think I hate WP8. Yes I've took a screen shot, but do you know how upload pics using the WPCentral app?

Hmm, good question. I used my PC to post my screenshot. I'm not sure if it's enabled from the app. I'll go take a look.

aikidaves

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Okay, according to this thread I found http://forums.windowscentral.com/wpcentral-windows-phone-app-support/254557-posting-pics-wpcentral-wp8-app.html, which near as I can tell is still valid, the WPCentral app doesn't directly support uploading pics. You can manually enter a URL link to a site hosting your pic (OneDrive or whatever), or you can use another app like Tapatalk that does support it. Or you can do what I did, copy the pic to your PC and upload it to the forums on the WPCentral web page.

Dazzi

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
Okay, according to this thread I found http://forums.windowscentral.com/wpcentral-windows-phone-app-support/254557-posting-pics-wpcentral-wp8-app.html, which near as I can tell is still valid, the WPCentral app doesn't directly support uploading pics. You can manually enter a URL link to a site hosting your pic (OneDrive or whatever), or you can use another app like Tapatalk that does support it. Or you can do what I did, copy the pic to your PC and upload it to the forums on the WPCentral web page.

Cheers mate, I'll upload both screenshots to my OneDrive when I get home, and then I'll share the url -- should be about 30 mins 😉

aikidaves

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Here is the link to my screenshots: https://onedrive.live.com/?gologin=1&mkt=en-GB#cid=22C12AD36EFAAB44&id=22C12AD36EFAAB44!111

You see that the smaller text is larger and smaller depending on which menu you are in. In the battery saver menus for apps are totally different, from say settings or Mobile + sim menus. I'm on O2 UK with Cyan. Regards

I think you have to set the pics to Shared with everybody on OneDrive before we can see them. Don'tcha just love computers? :devil:

aikidaves

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Right, try this link: https://onedrive.live.com/?gologin=1&mkt=en-GB#cid=22C12AD36EFAAB44&id=22C12AD36EFAAB44!110

You see that the smaller text is larger and smaller depending on which menu you are in. In the battery saver menus for apps are totally different, from say settings or Mobile + sim menus. I'm on O2 UK with Cyan. Please let me know if the link works. Regards

IT'S ALIVE! LOL

Yeah, I see what you mean. Can't duplicate on my phone, which to reiterate is AT&T L920 running Black with DP 8.1 and Update 1.

Okay, folks, gauntlet time: Does anyone else get this ugliness in 8.1, with or without Cyan?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb