Features not working on Cyan Update???

J_Deacon

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, I am hoping someone can help as i have all but given up hope of trying to find answeres (i have spent all day looking)

I am in the UK and have a Lumia 1020 . I have just downloaded/installed the Cyan update, but i have found a couple of problems...

Firstly it appears that Cortana is not availalbe in the UK yet, i am guessing this is still only available to developers? Am i right in thinking that it is still ?12 to join? I dont think I am too keen on spending money to make my phone partly unusable. What do people think? Do you recommend it?

Secondly, and stranger....
Can somone help me with creating folders? It is a very simple feature, but it just doesnt appear to work. On the homescreen, if I drag an icon over another icon, it just moves the icon out of the way, it doesnt give me the option to name or create a folder. This feature is available in the Cyan update isnt it? Any ideas why this is not working?

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Big thanks,

anon(8763253)

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, I am hoping someone can help as i have all but given up hope of trying to find answeres (i have spent all day looking)

I am in the UK and have a Lumia 1020 . I have just downloaded/installed the Cyan update, but i have found a couple of problems...

Firstly it appears that Cortana is not availalbe in the UK yet, i am guessing this is still only available to developers? Am i right in thinking that it is still ?12 to join? I dont think I am too keen on spending money to make my phone partly unusable. What do people think? Do you recommend it?

Secondly, and stranger....
Can somone help me with creating folders? It is a very simple feature, but it just doesnt appear to work. On the homescreen, if I drag an icon over another icon, it just moves the icon out of the way, it doesnt give me the option to name or create a folder. This feature is available in the Cyan update isnt it? Any ideas why this is not working?

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Big thanks,

Well cortana is only for developers and no its free to become a developer you'll surely find an article on this site if you look around for one. And live folders come with the GDR 1 update which is also only for developers at the moment.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
You need to install Preview for Developers from the Store. Run the program and complete the required steps. It doesn't cost anything. Once this is done, check for updates in Settings. There should now be an update to GDR 1. Once that is installed, it will give you Cortana and Live Folders... Enjoy!!

J_Deacon

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
Is it definitely free? When I go through the process it asks for my card details or PayPal and says it ?12. What links are you using to get on the developer program for free?

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Search in the Store on your phone for Preview For Developers. It should ask you to enter your MS ID details. No payment should be asked for. Once this is done you can update. Loads of WP users are using the same process to get all the previews...

naveen felix

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Ya u must register bt u can register without paying a penny..i did...u need to search in the registration page fa free registration....!

J_Deacon

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
Yeah you need a developer account for the app to work. Geez I must be having a bad day mentally because I have been through that link loads of times, and every time it asks for ?12.

J_Deacon

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
Hmm I think that I may be being profoundly idiotic as I have been blindly selecting option 1. I am guessing that I need to select option 3 and use a usb cable.

paulsalter

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Yeah you need a developer account for the app to work. Geez I must be having a bad day mentally because I have been through that link loads of times, and every time it asks for ?12.

You need to register for an App Studio Account, this is free, not a developer account (go to app studio account page and sign in with MS account)

http://appstudio.windowsphone.com/

No need for USB

Register at above link
Download devolpers app to phone
run and and say you want to get updates by ticking box

This is if you just want the developer updates and not to actually develop

J_Deacon

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
Camera does not work with CYAN. Its a WP 8.1 issue with Lumia 1020. Not all models affected.

Thanks for everyone's help so far. I have installed Cyan which seems fine, is the 8.1 update different?

Wow, the 1020's camera does not work with the 8.1 update! That's quite a critical feature for me. What kind of problem are people experiencing?

miarkus

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
My 1020 cam works a1. The only issue I spotted is that it's very difficult to calibrate compass in Here Maps and it's now quite inaccurate

lumia0323

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi! I spoke to Daniel at NOKIA Live Chat. He is not very helpful. He told me that he has created a ticket for this issue and forwarded it to a engineer. The engineer have looked at the issue for 3 days but still no solution. Daniel is very rude and told me to **** OFF basically. I have identified the problem but NOKIA/MICROSOFT done care about us users. Everyone need to create a ticket at Microsoft/Nokia support so this problem gets resolved. Its a software issue, so dont trust anything else. DAMIT NOKIA. I HATE YOU! BAD SUPPORT, BAD SOFTWARE... ****TY PRODUCT...

Camera does not work after upgrading to CYAN (Lumia 1020)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte