Game LAG!! (1520)

jammytech

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
I have asked this in the 1520 forum but figured out I would ask here to see if any other Lumia device has the issue.

I have a nokia lumia 1520 on windows 8.1 (I am on update 1 now, but it happened before I updated to update 1) And I am experience noticeable lag on games like FIFA 14 and even Hungry shark (just tested)

It's really weird how some people say FIFA14 lags and other it doesnt.

Any tips? OR solutions?

By the way, yes I have stopped most of the background tasks on apps, if not all! Battery saver is off too. hard and soft reset have no effect.

Would a solution be to revert to windows 8? If so, where can I find the guide?

Thanks.

Poirots Progeny

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
I have a 1520 on update 1 and cyan also - this is a developer preview, there will be bugs and lag, and also some games will need to be updated specifically. Simple games have lag now - like Chicken Can't Fly!!! It's not the hardware (phone is a beast) but a software issue.

A hard reset might do it. Then again it may not. And a hard reset has NOT worked for everyone.

That's the price for being on the bleeding edge ;)

jammytech

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
I have a 1520 on update 1 and cyan also - this is a developer preview, there will be bugs and lag, and also some games will need to be updated specifically. Simple games have lag now - like Chicken Can't Fly!!! It's not the hardware (phone is a beast) but a software issue.

A hard reset might do it. Then again it may not. And a hard reset has NOT worked for everyone.

That's the price for being on the bleeding edge ;)
I am back on windows 8.1 no dev preview and it lags. Didn't on windows 8 so deffo software issue. But what confuses me the most is some people don't have lag at all despite been on the same phone and software! Really cant think of a reason. Its stored on internal storage

Poirots Progeny

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
I know, it's odd. I can only think that perhaps people are not cognisant of the fact that the device is lagging. Our else they're comfortable with it. Either way there is lag and the internals of the 1520 mean that shouldn't happen.

It is odd.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6