Cyan but no Cyan features

Benny Pang

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
OK, no cool features. What ever.
So , does Cyan include Cortana , at least, for old models like 510 and 620? Otherwise, I wont bother to download as my Lumia 620 internal memory is down to 1.1 G.

badr0b0t

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Same here. 1020 with cyan but no USB Settings, additional display settings etc. I wonder why, definitely not because of hardware limitation

There's no big deal with the USB. It just gives you an option if you want to allow data connection with PC or to notify you of the connection. I never bothered with it since I got it. The default settings is what every got. And that's my settings too.
Never bothered with the display too.
So, you guys are really not missing anything. Maybe you are just jealous some people have better phones. Hahaha. Kidding.

dpaynewp

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Ok so here's what I don't understand regarding the missing 8.1 features - I had a brightness slider and eq for speakers and possibly other items working with DP 8.1 on my 1020. Did the cyan firmware disable these features, or is the actual released version of 8.1 somehow different than DP 8.1 ?

aikidaves

May 21, 2014
Visit site
OK, no cool features. What ever.
So , does Cyan include Cortana , at least, for old models like 510 and 620? Otherwise, I wont bother to download as my Lumia 620 internal memory is down to 1.1 G.

If you are on 8.0, the updates will include the full update to 8.1 (with all the cool 8.1 features including Cortana), as well as the Cyan firmware. However, if you're already on the Developer Preview of 8.1, Cyan doesn't add much to older Lumia models, so it's not worth going through the Nokia Software Recovery Tool process to reset to 8.0 just to get it.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I had an inkling this might happen, but didn't think the 1020 would be in the same list.. at the very least it better have improved algorithms for the camera. If it does not, I would be seriously disappointed in MS (Imagine how the average joe would feel, that they have a flagship camera phone and that has just been EOL'd after being on the market for no longer than 12 months).

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Did you update all your apps in the Store? Many of the apps themselves need to be updated once you're on Cyan to actually take advantage of the features

But as said prior a good majority of the features aren't supported on older phones, mostly due to hardware constraints (gotta love tech that evolves fast)
Yes, I update...
But, my Symbian from 2007 have equalizer without headphone, brightness slider, so isn't hardware.

dpaynewp

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Yes, that's the point I'm trying to make as well. My 1020 with DP 8.1 prior to cyan had a number of the features that I am now missing - so obviously not a hardware issue with the 1020.

Just curious if any other 1020 users with cyan are also missing features?

shinsenai

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
For me one major reason to get Cyan is support for Bluetooth 4.0. It was reason enough to downgrade to the retail version and then re-upgrade to the Update 1 version from DP. But now I can use the treasure tags and l look forward to more connected devices. The whole process was absolutely smooth and the only thing I could not recover automatically from the backup was my home screen configuration. But I got a couple of snapshot before starting just in case and it took me a few minutes to redo it.

monzki

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I asked my friend who also owns a 1020, his phone is never registered to the preview program. He upgraded from lumia black to cyan and he received some of the new features.

I then tried reinstalling using the recovery tool but this on another pc. After reset installation, i got the cyan update. The first time i did this reset, my 1020 was reset to black.

And this is a bit frustrating as I still dont get any features of cyan.

I wont go back to dev preview unless theres a fix for this.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I asked my friend who also owns a 1020, his phone is never registered to the preview program. He upgraded from lumia black to cyan and he received some of the new features.

I then tried reinstalling using the recovery tool but this on another pc. After reset installation, i got the cyan update. The first time i did this reset, my 1020 was reset to black.

And this is a bit frustrating as I still dont get any features of cyan.

I wont go back to dev preview unless theres a fix for this.

What type of features that he did receive?

monzki

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I asked him what features he received and I show him this link.
He said he did received the features stated on the article. I guess he was referring to the images which are more generic features of Cyan that the camera specific ones.

MartLea

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Like others I finally received Cyan update for my L620 CV GB PfD 8.1.1.1 today which went smoothly but did not install all the Cyan features such as Audio Enhancements for speakers, USB, etc. which are installed on my partners non-PfD L620 8.1, so does PfD 8.1.1.1 omit Cyan features or is it a bug or what MSFT?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)