Cyan but no Cyan features

monzki

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
So I finally decided to reset my 1020 coming from DP 8.1 GDR1 this Sunday. After resetting to official Lumia Black, I then proceed to upgrading to Cyan. The upgrade was successful. But I notice that I don't receive any of the features of Lumia Cyan. There's no new setting on Display. USB setting is missing as well. Basically all of the Cyan features are non-existent after the update:

Lumia Cyan Features

The extras+info stated that I have the Lumia Cyan. I also update all Nokia-specific apps and "setting apps". I also tried to check for update, maybe I didn't get all the update. But there's no more update.

Afterwards, I decided to install GDR1 dev preview (which is totally unrelated). And the Cyan features are still missing.

I search and I found this from Nokia lumia 925 cyan update problem - Nokia Support Discussions

Does anyone has this same problem after updating to Cyan?

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Most of the 'cool' features of Cyan aren't available on 'older' devices. Not sure which ones exactly but there's been an article on this web page telling us why.

monzki

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
@Rick_Air yes most of the camera related and cool features are not supported in 1020. But every Cyan feature is missing. :(

kjnoel

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I updated to cyan on my 620 but I am in the same boat.

• I got no brightness slider
    Equalizer not working without headphones still
    USB settings is still missing

wp_ss_20140811_0002.jpgwp_ss_20140811_0003.jpg

Last edited:

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I updated to cyan on my 620 but I am in the same boat.

• I got no brightness slider
    Equalizer not working without headphones still
    USB settings is still missing

Equalizer never worked without headphones to begin with... it explicitly states you have to plug them in to use the function. Always has done.

Asharon Baltazar

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Equalizer never worked without headphones to begin with... it explicitly states you have to plug them in to use the function. Always has done.

Well guess what? With Lumia Cyan, some phones, apparently, can adjust the Equalizer without the need for headphones! The magic of updates, huh? Maybe it always was but now it doesn't matter (for some phones, at least)!!!
Disclaimer: Many WP8 devices won't get the cool new features.

kjnoel

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Well guess what? With Lumia Cyan, some phones, apparently, can adjust the Equalizer without the need for headphones! The magic of updates, huh? Maybe it always was but now it doesn't matter (for some phones, at least)!!!

Exactly.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. Absolutely no new features on my Lumia 1020.... It's hard to believe that this phone is already on the missing features list

ssjmec

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Same here. 1020 with cyan but no USB Settings, additional display settings etc. I wonder why, definitely not because of hardware limitation

dpaynewp

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, been following the forum for awhile, 1st post.

Ok unless I'm loosing it I am positive that some of these features were available when I had installed DP 8.1 on my 1020. I am certain I tried the brightness slider and the eq with just the speaker, no headphones.

I had reverted back to WP 8.0 a few weeks ago while waiting for cyan, so have nor had the features since. Now that I have updated to official cyan they do not seem to be available.

However I did re- install DP to get update 1 before even trying out 8.1 again, any chance updated 1 is the problem or?

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, been following the forum for awhile, 1st post.

Ok unless I'm loosing it I am positive that some of these features were available when I had installed DP 8.1 on my 1020. I am certain I tried the brightness slider and the eq with just the speaker, no headphones.

I had reverted back to WP 8.0 a few weeks ago while waiting for cyan, so have nor had the features since. Now that I have updated to official cyan they do not seem to be available.

However I did re- install DP to get update 1 before even trying out 8.1 again, any chance updated 1 is the problem or?

No... Even in the "Pure" cyan, isn't working.

badr0b0t

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Yup, my equalizer can be adjusted without a headphone but it is useless if you are using the phone speakers alone. Not much improvement on sound enhancements. As long as it works with headphones and bluetooth speakers for you, it should be fine. Maybe it depends on the phone. Some phones have better sounding speakers where equalizer can help. Some phones may have a bad sounding speakers that an equalizer is useless. I have L1520.

Idiosyncrasy

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Did you update all your apps in the Store? Many of the apps themselves need to be updated once you're on Cyan to actually take advantage of the features

But as said prior a good majority of the features aren't supported on older phones, mostly due to hardware constraints (gotta love tech that evolves fast)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb