Live Tiles Not Working

vaderag

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I have an issue that none of my livetiles are updating any more, (and neither is my start screen from Amazing weather)

I've tried rebooting, pinning and unpinning etc, but they're stuck

Anyone had this and managed to fix?

Thanks!

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That's why you backup your data beforehand.

This is misleading. You can backup your photos, videos and music, but app/game settings and progress will be lost, unless these apps support cloud saves. Even though Microsoft introduced backing up app/game progress and settings in Windows Phone 8.1, apps and games need to properly support it to work.

I have an issue that none of my livetiles are updating any more, (and neither is my start screen from Amazing weather)

I've tried rebooting, pinning and unpinning etc, but they're stuck

Anyone had this and managed to fix?

Thanks!

I've created a blog post about this issue, not sure if it will fix it for you, but it's certainly worth a try before you go the route of hard resetting your device. You'll find my post here: | WinPhan Tip by Mark Tepper: Live Tiles Gone Wild…How You Can Fix

vaderag

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
So... looks like i may have found the cause of the problem... potentially. Not ready to call it just yet, but after trying all on your blog post to no avail I thought i'd try moving the apps back from my SD card to the phone

They have now updated after loading the app. Not quite ready to call that it has worked as I havent seen them change yet, but it seems that putting some apps on SD card may cause an issue with updating :)

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre