MP3 Tags are not recognized by Xbox Music; no problems with Foobar and iTunes

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
So I synced my 1520 to my desktop and Xbox doesn't seem to recognize the tags in some of my music.. Also, most of the artwork are unrecognizable but the tags are definitely more important.. Here are some pics:

1. It really is messed up on my Xbox Music. This is not only for The National (although The National's albums except for Trouble Will Find Me have unrecognizable tags by XBM) but with Ellie Goulding, Dishwalla and a couple more..

wp_ss_20140812_0001.jpg

2. I checked Tag Editor and it displays the correct tags for the first two songs on Alligator and Boxer
wp_ss_20140812_0002.jpgwp_ss_20140812_0003.jpg

3. I also checked Foobar2000 and iTunes and both have the same Tags (I also checked WMP and have it tagged correctly)
gtyh.png

This is driving me crazy, guys! :( I need the tags to be correct for Last FM scrobbling. :( Can anybody help me? Thanks guys

Packolypse

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
I believe this might have to do with MS not supporting id3v2.4. You can download mp3tag to see the version of the tags. You can then use it to save the tags as id3v2.3

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I believe this might have to do with MS not supporting id3v2.4. You can download mp3tag to see the version of the tags. You can then use it to save the tags as id3v2.3

Thank you! I'll try this on Friday when I get home.

Any other solutions guys?

London Jr

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
do you have windows 7 or 8? if you use the synching on the windows phone app with the iTunes settings then they will transfer with the tags and album art... I only have that problem when I copy and paste directly... it does suck and that is something that they need to update because all of my music is imported to iTunes and the tags are done w/ album art.

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
do you have windows 7 or 8? if you use the synching on the windows phone app with the iTunes settings then they will transfer with the tags and album art... I only have that problem when I copy and paste directly... it does suck and that is something that they need to update because all of my music is imported to iTunes and the tags are done w/ album art.

That's what I do, actually. Sync it through the WP App but no luck.

D0gsballs

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Music is just screwed. I've manually changed the album art in mp3tag and it doesn't make any difference in Xbox Music. The most annoying thing is the sync app shows the art and the artwork also shows in Mix Radio.

flattie

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Media Monkey for Windows 7 was my saviour in getting the data and album art sorted out in Xbox Music. Took a lot of deleting/re-loading/re-tagging, but I've managed to get all my albums correctly labelled and showing the right art using that.

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Media Monkey for Windows 7 was my saviour in getting the data and album art sorted out in Xbox Music. Took a lot of deleting/re-loading/re-tagging, but I've managed to get all my albums correctly labelled and showing the right art using that.

Does this work with the new XBM or just with 8?

flattie

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Does this work with the new XBM or just with 8?

WP8.1, Music.

Like I say, it took some fiddling and playing around and I don't fully understand why it worked for some first time and not others, but the bottom line is that I've managed to have my whole collection rendered correctly by the Music app after using MM.

nyolc8

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Can someone tell my why microsoft supports only the old ID3 version? wtf I thought this will be changed in wp8.1... ._.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
XBox music is still a long way off as far as I'm concerned. On my 520 running 8.1 GDR1 all the album art shows up. On my 822 running 8.1 GDR1 almost none of it shows up. Both phones music came from the same library. I hate iTunes, but I have to admit it's nowhere near as frustrating as XBox music is right now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium