Storage sense VS Storage check??

SammUL

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
After updating to Lumia Cyan there are (again) 2 different system apps for storage, "storage sense" being the new one, showing reasonable 'other' and 'temp' folders at ~30mb each, and the previous "storage check" which still shows an ever growing 'other' folder (currently at 1.6GB) and a 'temp' folder that can't be emptied.

Why does MS\Nokia still has 2 different tools on the OS for the same purpose, that shows different results?? And which one is right??

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
After updating to Lumia Cyan there are (again) 2 different system apps for storage, "storage sense" being the new one, showing reasonable 'other' and 'temp' folders at ~30mb each, and the previous "storage check" which still shows an ever growing 'other' folder (currently at 1.6GB) and a 'temp' folder that can't be emptied.

Why does MS\Nokia still has 2 different tools on the OS for the same purpose, that shows different results?? And which one is right??

storage sense is accurate but storage check allows you to move your apps to the sd card

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
storage sense is accurate but storage check allows you to move your apps to the sd card

You can move your apps to the SD card using Storage Sense too. The only difference between both is that the Nokia tool lets you move maps over. The beta app though, not the "final" version.

kishorekumar_a

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
You can move your apps to the SD card using Storage Sense too. The only difference between both is that the Nokia tool lets you move maps over. The beta app though, not the "final" version.

The app lost its Beta tag a few weeks ago. Though no change was observed. Apparently it was moved to final version & probably is no longer being worked om. Meaning it wont be updated in the future.

Now that Wp8.1 is here, I am hoping that the Here maps will be updated to give option for directly storing maps to SD card and do away with the Storage check. Microsoft wont integrate this option into Storage Sense because they don't own or control Here maps.

SammUL

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
My phone came with cyan and I only have Storage Sense. My temp folder shows 422 Mb on my phone.

Maybe we can assume from that that 'storage check' was not made to be there for 8.1 and is some kind of leftover for those who upgraded... I guess I'll just use storage sense and hope storage check is wrong.

go1020

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Maybe we can assume from that that 'storage check' was not made to be there for 8.1 and is some kind of leftover for those who upgraded... I guess I'll just use storage sense and hope storage check is wrong.

After hard reset on DP8.1, I've lost storage check, so that makes sense.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb