WhatsApp favourites disappearing

Arlan Henry

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

Ever since my upgrade to 8.1 yesterday may WhatsApp favourites disappeared COMPLETELY. My first time using WhatsApp after the upgrade gave me a notification saying that Whatsapp isn't compatible with my OS. I refreshed contacts and only 10 favourites showed up. Rebooted the phone and refreshed contacts and now I'm up to 246 contacts. This is approximately 2/3 of my favourites. All my contacts are still in place in my people hub. Subsequent refreshing favourites has not increased my favourites count.

I suspect that the problem may lie in linked contacts etc...

My only temporary fix is to manually re-add each unlisted number to the existing contact for WhatsApp to list them as a favourite. I'm guessing I may have to put this forward to Whatsapp support and wait for then to update for 8.1.

Last edited:

Arlan Henry

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Now that I've upgraded to denim, whenever my memory card goes corrupt, a few favourites disappear. Their numbers are still listed in my phone's contacts in People Hub but they vanish from Whatsapp Favourites. Any recent chats I had with them only display their phone numbers 😢

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre