Background Pictures Folder

MMarz04

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
As I have been playing with WP8.1, I noticed that there are a whole set of "Background Images" that were downloaded with the update, and appear to be in their own seperate folder. I have no interest in these images, and would kind of like to delete them for the sake of storage space. More iportantly, I would love to be able to access this folder, and put my own backgrounds into it, so that they aren't clogging up my saved pictures folder. Does anyone know how to access that folder, or is there any way to create additional folders in the photos section for sorting purposes? Thanks!

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
As I have been playing with WP8.1, I noticed that there are a whole set of "Background Images" that were downloaded with the update, and appear to be in their own seperate folder. I have no interest in these images, and would kind of like to delete them for the sake of storage space. More iportantly, I would love to be able to access this folder, and put my own backgrounds into it, so that they aren't clogging up my saved pictures folder. Does anyone know how to access that folder, or is there any way to create additional folders in the photos section for sorting purposes? Thanks!

Pick any of the available file explorers (I'm personally using Pocket Explorer | Windows Phone Anwendungen + Spiele Store (Deutschland)) and create as many folders as you like and where ever you like. As long as they're containing images, they'll automatically show up in the pictures hub. This might take some time though. You can access the background folder you're referring to this way as well. Even though there appears to be another folder containing background images which isn't accessible or even visible anywhere.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99