Big battery saver tip is.... disable double tap to turn on screen

dicks-webos

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I recently tried the function to double tap the screen to enable it. After that I wondered why my 820 had such bad battery life. Then I disabled this feature again and the battery life went up dramatically.

Tips for optimal battery usage:
- Disable Blick
- Disable wake up by double tap

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I recently tried the function to double tap the screen to enable it. After that I wondered why my 820 had such bad battery life. Then I disabled this feature again and the battery life went up dramatically.

- Disable Blick

Disable blick?

Erick Rmz

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I tried with double tap on and off and in my case I noted a little difference. In the other hand, I noted that apps that use internet (via WiFi or phone network) are the main battery consumers, even when they are not open. Facebook for example uses a lot of energy as it is working in background also... Other battery hungry apps are whatssap, mail, etc...

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

- Disable Blick

No observable change when I did this. OTOH, disabling high sensitivity of touch - I'm seeing quite a change.

​I use Double Tap to Wake maybe 3 times a day at most... Turning off DTtW and High Sensitivity for awhile just to see...

lafn

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
In 8.0 it warned you that double tap to wake would take more battery when you turned it on. In 8.1 it no longer mentions that. So I wonder if it was improved?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
​I use Double Tap to Wake maybe 3 times a day at most... Turning off DTtW and High Sensitivity for awhile just to see...

LOL I forgot about this thread...

I think a bigger drain on my 925 was the lack of Firmware optimization under the Preview for Developers.

Now I'm using a 1520.3 with a whopping 3400 mAH battery, no Battery Saver engaged at all, Brightness and Brightness Profile maxed out with auto engaged, Glance always on, Double Tap to Wake, High Touch Sensitivity engaged and I simply don't worry about battery one bit.

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
While I don't deny your experience, there is neither logical reason for it, nor my own experience.

I run Glance always one, wifi always on, Bluetooth sometimes on, on both Nokia 810 and 925, no battery issues. Certainly no significant difference if I turn these features off.

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I used to have it of always before.
But started leaving it on with my Lumia 822.
I notice no real hit in battery consumption.
Also, I took note that the battery drain warning is no longer there in 8.1

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12