03-07-2015 03:13 PM
106 12345
tools
    Microsoft gotta need to fix this, having same issue here on Lumia 720. Battery saver pretty much didn't work after i tweak the setting, then realizing it doesn't work anymore. But at the same time i already activated apps automatic update.
    I'm too lazy to do a hard reset, and start from scratch again if backup didn't work. Microsoft where are you!?
    mccririck likes this.
    11-14-2014 07:13 PM
    this is pretty weird, my 928 with DP 8.1.1 had battery saver brightness working fine(critical "feature" for nights) and I opened this so called device hub a few times to check it out and then after it got updated and still my battery saver brightness was working fine, until 2-3 days ago when I got an update for Video and other crap I don't remember, now it wont dim the display or shutdown the button lights, this is annoying as hell

the worst part is the OS itself wont let you go dimer than the default "low" this is ridiculous, that in order to properly use a phone in low light we need NOKIA to add a "feature" that dims it, really? what the **** is Microsoft thinking, and then we see our dear nokia taking advantage of the situation and expanding its dimming "feature" with the cyan update but ONLY for newer devices, jeez, this "ecosystem" is ****ed up big time, Microsoft have to rethink their approach to its loyal wp users seriously
    mccririck likes this.
    11-14-2014 10:46 PM
    I have the same problem in my Lumia 630 after updating the phone in August. If the battery goes below 20%, the display is supposed to dim but it doesn't do so. And while charging the phone, the brightness doesn't increase. The recent updates of Battery Saver and Display also didn't solve the problem. It's a trivial problem, not a serious one, but irritating.

I think its a firmware problem because the problem started after the minor update in August. I don't want to hard-reset the phone as suggested here, so I guess I have to wait for the Denim update as I feel that may fix the issue.
    11-14-2014 11:18 PM
    Added a uservoice for the same : https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/f...s-turn-off-cap

Please vote!
    11-15-2014 06:13 AM
    Voted. Very frustrating problem which Microsoft hasnt done anything about yet.

With my 920 I would like to be able to turn the backlight off of the capacitive buttons as they are far too bright.
    11-15-2014 06:35 AM
    well don't know what to do at this point, opening and messing around with device hub and other system apps even after the latest updates didn't break my battery saver rightness mode, so im not so sure hard resetting and all that will work

btw, not really related to this problem, a few months ago i noticed that when setting brightness in "auto" mode it disables the 3 manual presets right? then if I had it on high AND auto, the battery saver brightness was not as dim as if I had it on low AND auto, it dimmed even further having it on low(greyed out) and auto

Anyway, I hope that now that Microsoft is in charge of everything lumia-related, things like this wont happen anymore, if they ever give a formal response to this issue I bet its going to be "wait for windows 10" if thats the case, please dont disappoint, even ipods from 2007 have better brightness control than the windows phone OS, what a shame
    mccririck likes this.
    11-17-2014 01:32 PM
    well don't know what to do at this point, opening and messing around with device hub and other system apps even after the latest updates didn't break my battery saver rightness mode, so im not so sure hard resetting and all that will work

btw, not really related to this problem, a few months ago i noticed that when setting brightness in "auto" mode it disables the 3 manual presets right? then if I had it on high AND auto, the battery saver brightness was not as dim as if I had it on low AND auto, it dimmed even further having it on low(greyed out) and auto

Anyway, I hope that now that Microsoft is in charge of everything lumia-related, things like this wont happen anymore, if they ever give a formal response to this issue I bet its going to be "wait for windows 10" if thats the case, please dont disappoint, even ipods from 2007 have better brightness control than the windows phone OS, what a shame
    Yes it's a strange weak point, do testers never use them at night or in low light?
    EspHack likes this.
    11-17-2014 02:08 PM
    ^they took the minimalistic approach too seriously! haha... no... its not funny :'(
    11-17-2014 07:29 PM
    even ipods from 2007 have better brightness control than the windows phone OS, what a shame. do testers never use them [WPs] at night or in low light?
    That's because Morlocks exclusively use Apple products. Brightness control is very important if you are a subterranean troglodyte. Not so much if you are a surface dwelling Eloi. [/WP fanboy]
    EspHack likes this.
    11-18-2014 07:11 AM
    I hope they bring the brightness slider for all lumias in the denim update :(
    11-18-2014 07:18 AM
    What brightness slider? The one that doesnt go low enough?
    11-18-2014 12:47 PM
    Do not think so. There is no any slider on 830 with pre-installed Denim... You should look to Windows 10 side probably
    11-19-2014 03:56 AM
    Good news, fellas! With last update of Glance Screen (3.6.1.13) they fixed "always on battery saver icon" bug. Moreover, it finally shows weather on my 830 with Denim
    12-15-2014 09:21 AM
    Same issue encountered here! In Black + DP, it was OK but after Cyan + DP, battery saver brightness doesn't work anymore. They said Device hub causes this bug and hard reset then removing device hub would fix this. But I don't want to reset my phone. I'll just wait for MS to fix this (if they will) or just ignore it ang leave it there.
    12-15-2014 09:42 AM
    As of recent, the battery saver app keeps crashing
    12-17-2014 10:43 AM
    new dev hub update.... still not working...
    12-24-2014 06:46 AM
    No point in installing device hub if it breaks up the battery saver brightness...I have completely uninstalled the device hub(formerly accessories) in the settings and it works much better now...
    12-24-2014 06:55 AM
    Added a uservoice for the same : https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/f...s-turn-off-cap

Please vote!
    Added my 3 votes, hope others here can join in. Right now it's something like the 1100th most requested feature, so we might need a couple more votes to get this noticed..
    12-24-2014 08:11 AM
    No point in installing device hub if it breaks up the battery saver brightness...I have completely uninstalled the device hub(formerly accessories) in the settings and it works much better now...
    dev hub came with cyan... it was included in the update ota...
    12-24-2014 08:49 AM
    I meant the recent update...
    12-24-2014 10:49 AM
    Dev hub was broken before the last update, I guess if they can fix this app soon or later...

sent from my drone upon your head
    12-24-2014 01:09 PM
    Dev hub used to be formerly accessories before cyan..Soon after accessories got an update and from then onwards battery saver was broken..even with incremental updates to device hub....they should either remove it or fix the app.....
    12-24-2014 09:37 PM
    Could anyone clarify one moment: is there any difference between Denim update coming soon and pre-installed Denim on 830 (735, 535)? One may mention here, that Denim for 830, 930, 1520 enables Rich-Capture feature, but preinstalled Denim on 830 does not have it. Thus, is there any "update-of-Denim-update" coming soon (for 830 for example)? Or it means that onborad Denim for Lumia 830 just equal to GDR1 with no any special Lumia feature? My wi-fi notifications disappeared (this thread) and we think that's because of defective semi-Denim onboard
    12-30-2014 05:59 AM
    A wipe without restore fixed the issue for me. Was a pain resetting everything back up but its also helped battery life too!
    12-30-2014 06:25 AM
    I'm experiencing the same issue on the Lumia 1520 (AT&T) and 822 (Verizon).
    01-27-2015 12:31 AM
106 12345