Battery Saver Brightness Doesn't Work

blkvzgo

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys.

I have installed Cyan on the Lumia 1020 RM-875 and I noticed a strange bug. Even if I set 'Battery Saver brightness' to ON in 'display', the brightness doesn't dim and the navigation buttons stay lit when the battery saver comes on, regardless of the exact setting (When battery is low, Now until next charge, Always). All the apps are up to date, and I've tried both soft and hard resets.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
The brightness doesn't dim either on my 630. I've already ended up performing a soft reset due to various other circumstances, though.

My workaround at the moment is to manually adjust the display brightness settings at settings>display, assuming you're on Cyan.
Feel free to hard reset, as I haven't tried that yet.

nicfromwales

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
The brightness doesn't dim either on my 630. I've already ended up performing a soft reset due to various other circumstances, though.

My workaround at the moment is to manually adjust the display brightness settings at settings>display, assuming you're on Cyan.
Feel free to hard reset, as I haven't tried that yet.

The 630 doesn't have an ambient light sensor, so is unable to alter the brightness automatically.

blkvzgo

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm not talking about automatic brightness adjustment, which works fine. I mean the 'Battery Saver brightness' option in the 'display' app, which dims the display regardless of the brightness setting selected and turns off the backlight of the touch buttons, even in the dark. Strangely, it seems to work after hard reset for a while. I updated Battery Saver first, all worked fine. Then I updated the display app, the feature still seemed to work. However, after I finished downloading all the other apps, it stopped working again. I even tried deleting the display app by setting the date forward and reinstalled it, that didn't help either. Has anyone else encountered this bug?

furkanavshar

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
I'm not talking about automatic brightness adjustment, which works fine. I mean the 'Battery Saver brightness' option in the 'display' app, which dims the display regardless of the brightness setting selected and turns off the backlight of the touch buttons, even in the dark. Strangely, it seems to work after hard reset for a while. I updated Battery Saver first, all worked fine. Then I updated the display app, the feature still seemed to work. However, after I finished downloading all the other apps, it stopped working again. I even tried deleting the display app by setting the date forward and reinstalled it, that didn't help either. Has anyone else encountered this bug?

Did you find where the problem is, brother?

Darren Kent 79

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Same problem here, battery saver brightness just doesn't work. But it did when I was on dev preview & black, rolled back to 8.0 & now on cyan. And seems those keys are on all the time too. Before if watching a video they would dim after a while.

blkvzgo

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
Flashed to a different firmware version (GB, was France previously). Firmware is Cyan, so didn't need any updates. The problem still persists, the screen brightness and button illumination are unaffected by battery saver.

RoboLoftie

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I also have this. Also of note is according to Battery Saver, if I set it to Always on, the expected battery life drops by 5 hours, to 1day 5 hours. Set it to come on when the battery is low, it goes back up to 1day 10 hours. Something tells me Battery Saver isn't working properly.

Edit: L920 on Cyan.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers