Battery Saver Brightness Doesn't Work

Florin_Anghel

Banned
Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Same issue, also on my Lumia 930 the Sunlight readability doesn't go off when going back to a room with normal light, the screen remains with the colours used for sunlight readability. It is hard to notice, but just use it, go outside in the sun, use the phone, go back in a room, the manually turn it off and you will see the colour difference.
It appears that the Display app and battery saver are not working properly.

BiggishTuba558

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem on my 830 (firmware: Lumia Denim). I activated Battery Saver and Battery Saver brightness in Display settings. The Sunlight readability and the automatic adjustment of brightness are also active. When the smartphone is under the direct sunlight, the brightness becomes very high, while on my old 820 with these three options active, the brightness was always low and it was so much better.
I have not the Developer Preview.

Last edited:

Wam1q

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Same issue with my 1020 with Cyan, too. The screen doesn't dim and the navigation button lights don't turn off even with Battery Saver brightness turned on. The biggest advantage of battery saver (dining the screen) is no more there. The screen stays very bright and still consumes a lot of battery. :(

AC_44

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
I just got the 8.1 Cyan update on my Lumia 925 yesterday, and I've had this problem ever since. The Battery Saver app seems to recognize when the battery gets to that low point, but it doesn't dim the screen at all.

I wonder if through making the Battery Saver a separate app Windows has created a disconnect between the app itself and the "Battery Saver Brightness" setting (since the latter appears under Display settings rather than within the app itself) and that's why it doesn't function properly anymore? Whatever the issue is, it really needs to be fixed because the Battery Saver is practically useless now when the battery life gets low...

furkanavshar

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
Just thinking about the issue... is it related with whatsapp?? before the update it was working well...

No. I'm fighting against this issue on my and my family's Lumias for 5 months. My father doesn't have WhatsApp, so...
This is related with Battery Saver and Display updates, after Cyan.
I reset my phone, everything go well; but when I update the Battery Saver and Display update together, it's starting to crash again. If I don't update one of them, this works fine.

Last edited:

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Same problem here with my 930, when battery saver is on, my touch keys still light up and the screen is still pretty bright too! I am on WP 8.1 update 1 and Lumia cyan. Maybe Denim will resolve it...

volpenger

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Hard reset done, display and battery saver not updated. All works correctly. Let's see in the future if the issue occurs again.
P.s. The new version of whatsapp saves all the conversations after hard reset even in devices without sd card. Good news, indeed.
sent from my drone upon your head

volpenger

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Issue is here,again! Battery saver and dispaly app are not guilty....
last updated app were device hub, call+sms filter and nokia feedback...

furkanavshar

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
I confirmed.

Resolving of this issue:

1) Reset your phone
2) Never open "Device Hub" in Settings
3) Set the date like 2150 or more
4) Go to Settings and tab "Device Hub"
5) This will ask you "Uninstall"
6) Tab "Uninstall"
7) Set the date "auto" again

Don't install "Device Hub"
OK! This issue will never come over again!

Last edited:

volpenger

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Yes, it was working until I've opened device hub Nokia feedback and call+SMS. Let's hope that you're right!
sent from my drone upon your head

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Recent update for device hub didn't resolve the problem either. I still think it is a firmware problem thus Denim suppose to fix it...

Edit: Recent update of battery saver also didn't resolve the problem either. Standing by my case: DENIM WHERE ARE YOU!

Last edited:

wlupus

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
My Lumia 830 with Denim on board. But my issue is oppsite than yours: even if I switched off the battery saver the light of buttons does not appear, moreover, on my glance screen battery icon always with shield on it, like battery saver is on while it is not in real. The only way to return the light for buttons is to switch off the second thumbler from above in Display Settings (something like brigthness during battery saver mode). But shield on glance is so bothering!
Think we need at least Emerald update to fix it without hard-reset-and-never-run-some-apps-again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion