Can't Update to Cyan from Preview Dev 8.1...help!

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm just getting around to attempting to update my 1520 on Preview Rev 8.1. I followed all the steps downloading the Nokia Recovery Tool to downgrade to 8.0. Every time I try I keep getting this error code. 0x8007007E. I've tried everything I know. Has anybody come up against this? Help!

Fadiga92100

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Error Code.png

Hi,
I am in the same situation.
here is the screen shot of the error code. I am also stuck at that. If anone has the solution, let us know. I have a Lumia 920.

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm just getting around to attempting to update my 1520 on Preview Rev 8.1. I followed all the steps downloading the Nokia Recovery Tool to downgrade to 8.0. Every time I try I keep getting this error code. 0x8007007E. I've tried everything I know. Has anybody come up against this? Help!

what do you have on your phone???? Cyan?

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I have the Preview, and I now want to install the Cyan.

just by connecting to nokia software recovery tool.... it will show you that you can upgrade to cyan... that is how I did it... the only thing i don't remember is if i had turn off preview first or not.

Samit Katiyar

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Okay? I have a small question here ....I am on 8.1 with Preview for Dev (PfD) and having latest updates (till last week)....Why I shld downgrade and then upgrade to Cyan? Is there anything I am missing with PfD 8.1 with latest upgrade?

ivdza

May 1, 2014
Visit site
This whole forum is beggining to be useless... You have a hundreds of threads regarding your question. There is a bitlocker issue with Pfd and MSFT postponed Cyan for that instance. They will announce it when they released it. Period.

Rizki Faisal

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Nokia software recovery is poor bro, very slow at download. I can connect my phone, but my problem is the download took more than 2 hours on 42mbps (HSDPA) with 80% chance to fail. Wasn't that ridiculous??

GabrielStorm

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
This whole forum is beggining to be useless... You have a hundreds of threads regarding your question. There is a bitlocker issue with Pfd and MSFT postponed Cyan for that instance. They will announce it when they released it. Period.

but... the question is why can't the OP of this thread update to cyan?
he's using NSRT or NSUR and getting an error. as of today -23 Aug. 2014- MSFT still has not
issued a fix for the bitlocker issue. and the only way to get cyan is to use NSRT or NSUR.

to the OP turn off your phone. start the NSRT. connect phone using the
USB cord that it came with. NSRT should detect the phone.
I think from there you have a good idea of what to to.

as the person I quoted above has stated, there are multiple threads on this
subject. do a search and read :cool: :smile:

ivdza

May 1, 2014
Visit site
he's using NSRT or NSUR and getting an error. as of today -23 Aug. 2014- MSFT still has not
issued a fix for the bitlocker issue. and the only way to get cyan is to use NSRT or NSUR.

He have a answers regarding that question. And still no one is using a search button. It is easier to ask you,me or anyone here..so we can press search button and find thread. Then copy\paste to him\her. It is really frustrating. I understand if you try and you can find answer. However people dont search..

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for my absence. I stopped checking this post days ago because nobody answered. I will try your solution and report back.

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site

I tried what you said but no good. I keeps saying "software installation failed. Error code 0x8007007E. Any ideas?

Visa Declined

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I tried what you said but no good. I keeps saying "software installation failed. Error code 0x8007007E. Any ideas?

Searching the web for that error code turns up this:

This problem frequently occurs after you upgrade a service pack. After you upgrade, there appears to be a corrupted file, a missing file, or a file mismatch

You've got a corrupt or mismatched file. Try using a different usb port, use the factory cable that came with your phone, or try using a different computer if possible.

Fadiga92100

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

--------------
I can't see those threads you are talking about. Could you please pay the links. Thanks a lot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss