Family Room with IPhone

OSLO

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I am trying to get my wife (in another state) to join the "Family Room" under People/Rooms. I have a L1020 w/ WP8.1 she has IPhone 5. She is saying it is asking for a password. I am not sure which password. Mine for my windows phone, hers for her iPhone, hers for a Microsoft account or some other password specific to the Rooms feature. If anyone could clarify I would be grateful. Thank you in advance.

OSLO

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Its the password for her Microsoft Account. BTW, I highly recommend that you only invite family members with a Microsoft account email address. Other addresses gave me some problems when I set up mine.

OSLO

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the help and the advice. We're still having issues though. She's just not getting it. She usually just gives me her phone and I fix things for her. (Even though I tell her constantly I don't know what I am doing - which is true 100% of the time) We'll just keep at it until it works. Thanks again.

OSLO

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if you are aware of this or not, but there really is no room on the iphone. The only thing she will see is the "family" calendar in her calendar app. She will need the OneDrive and OneNote apps to access the notebook and shared files there are on you room. The family folder will show up in OneDrive under shared.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6