Camera not working after update to Windows Phone 8.1 and Lumia Cyan

carlodedonno

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi everybody,

I'll try to explain my situation in order to get, hopefully, some help.
I own a Nokia Lumia 920 and in April I installed the Preview for Developers, everything worked fine without any problem, until yesterday.
After a month since the roll-out of the official update I decided to try downgrading to WP 8.0 in order to get the update. I installed Nokia Recovery Tool and flashed the phone. I expected a downgrade, but instead I got the actual update to Cyan. Firmware 3051.50009.1424.0008; i checked and it's the right one for my phone in my country.
Too bad that my camera isn't working at all, using various app, pushing the camera button, I get only a second of loading screen and the Start menu appears again. Ofc camera was working fine beforehand.

I tried to flash the phone again, hard reset, soft reset, I uninstalled and installed the camera apps, but nothing helped.

I hope you will :unhappysweat:

hazelkey12639

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
The same problem here and frustrated! Already tried everything but it wouldn't help. Seems like we have to wait until Microsoft releases a fix to this.

monotheist

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Have the same problem
Tried Camera reset, tried all the 3 camera apps, also tried soft reset, I have WP 8.1 Update 1 and since then the camera seems to have stopped working. Do i need cyan also for it to work? My camera is useless until then

anurupsm

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I had a similar issue where camera would crash just after launching it. It started after the cyan update.
Tried soft reset and hard reset by holding down the power and volume buttons. It did not fix anything.
As the last resort, tried hard resetting from within the Phone menu. Settings- About- Reset your phone.

Voila.!!! Everything back to normal.

Loving my Windows phone(L 920) again. :) :)

Last edited:

mikisid

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I am on DP and got same problem, whan i change region, language and region format it fix camera. I am from Serbia and cant use my phone on my lenguage but now i can set region to serbia ;) everything work grate now ;) now i thing about downgrade to cyan and install DP again ;)

Sent from my RM-821_eu_romania_486 using Tapatalk

RHKToo

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
We have 2 Lumia 920's.

Updated both, same day, after notified that updates available.

Can't get to camera on one, other seems to work fine.

Additionally, several other features are adversely affected, no function, incorrect function, etc.

Additionally, the update blew away a password, and blew away setting that enabled sending media content via text.

Additionally, the "Cortana" functionality doesn't work - AT ALL, has yet to respond to a command correctly yet.

In conclusion, this update absolutely sucks.

Juan Fiat

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
after cyan i had the same problem. rather than a reset, i let the battery drain completely, then the camera worked fine after that! probably a full system restart made the drivers be updated properly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss