Don't use google account anymore but

agentmikeyd99

Banned
Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
....it won't stop attempting to sync. In emails and accounts under Settings, Google account is grayed as it perpetually is trying to sync. I can't hold it down to delete it or in any way control it. Ideas?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Why do you not simply delete the account if you don't use it?

or

​Is it by any chance looking for Two Stage Authentication?

aikidaves

May 21, 2014
Visit site
This is a short in the dark. If you go into Linked Inbox, then settings, is this account greyed out? If not, try changing your sync setting to manual and see if you can delete after that (might have to reboot or soft reset again). Good luck!

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
While aliased accounts should forward mail to your MS account, it may be that if the account was initially set up as a linked account in your MS settings, it's parked on your phone, but not controlled by your phone.

On a computer, open Outlook.com or Live.com and go to Account Settings by clicking on your name in the upper right corner. Now check the Aliases and Related Accounts to see if Google is linked to your MS account here. In particular, Google contacts may be linked so that your Google contacts show up in your WP People Hub...

I don't use Google at all so this is a shot in the dark, but since they make it too easy to connect every possible source of communication, I figure it's worth a try.

aikidaves

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks aiki and nerdy. I tried both your suggestions to no avail. Hope theirs a solution....

Shucks.

You probably already know that you can take the drastic approach of a hard reset without restore. That's a real pain (and yikes, you have 3 phones to do it on - ouch!), but it would get rid of the account. Pity there's no 'safe mode' boot in WP.

One other stretch. I'm assuming that you deleted or disabled the account on Google, which is why the sync is hanging. Is there any way you could re-enable it long enough to let the phones sync, then delete the account from them, and then get rid of it for good?

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Are you running 8.1? If so, go into your MS Account inbox, tap ... and then "link inboxes." Just thinking that perhaps at some point in the past, you linked inboxes and forgot about that.

This may also be the case on 8.0, but I don't remember seeing it there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)