No Live Folders - WP 8.1 Cyan

dr Tony RX

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I recently updated my Lumia 625 to Windows Phone 8.1 and I love everything about it.
One problem though, it seems like I couldn't create Live Folder. I've tried holding a tile until it pops into the foreground and drag the tile over another tile, but it doesn't work. The tile beneath will just slide away from the one that I'm holding. It's really weird.

Any help?
Thank you in advance.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I sometimes really think people just don't give a flying f*ck about the search function of these forums. -_- Sorry if I appear rude, but this has been covered to death already.

Live Folders are a feature introduced with WP 8.1 Update 1, also referred to as WP 8.1 GDR 1. Whatever you wanna call it, it's not yet publically available. Only those participating in the Preview for Developers program are able to install said update and make use of Live Folders.

dr Tony RX

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I sometimes really think people just don't give a flying f*ck about the search function of these forums. -_- Sorry if I appear rude, but this has been covered to death already.

Live Folders are a feature introduced with WP 8.1 Update 1, also referred to as WP 8.1 GDR 1. Whatever you wanna call it, it's not yet publically available. Only those participating in the Preview for Developers program are able to install said update and make use of Live Folders.

I realized many people have been asking the same questions "after" posting this thread and now I'm feelin like an *****, LMFAO...
Chill out man, look I'm sorry, I should have searched for it in the first place. I know, my bad... Thank you! :grin:

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I realized many people have been asking the same questions "after" posting this thread and now I'm feelin like an *****, LMFAO...
Chill out man, look I'm sorry, I should have searched for it in the first place. I know, my bad... Thank you! :grin:

I didn't mean to be as rude as I appeared to. So I should be the one to apologize. Sorry, man. :) It has just become really hard to find threads worth reading or threads where help is really due. Most likely because the forums are spammed with threads asking the same old questions or covering the same old "news" over and over again. Still no reason to freak out, so sorry again. :)

Neil Hoskins

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
So the average layman (not developer) does the update on his handset, follows the "what's new" link provided, and it tells him all about folders on the start screen. He tries it out, it doesn't work, so when he's got a minute he gets onto Google and looks for "lumia cyan 820 no live folders" (let's say he's got enough about him to know that the update is called "cyan" and the feature is called "live folders"). Quite early on in the google search results is this thread, which starts with somebody asking exactly the right question and is immediately followed by you, having a rant. WTF?!

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
So the average layman (not developer) does the update on his handset, follows the "what's new" link provided, and it tells him all about folders on the start screen.

If you upgrade to WP8.1, there is no 'what's new' link telling you there is live folder on start screen. Your logic breaks right there.

Fyodor Zubanov

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Sorry, but you're wrong. I also got a message with the What's new link fight after upgrade to WP 8.1. If you follow this link you find Folders among others. It also contains an animation of how to.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
So the average layman (not developer) does the update on his handset, follows the "what's new" link provided, and it tells him all about folders on the start screen. He tries it out, it doesn't work, so when he's got a minute he gets onto Google and looks for "lumia cyan 820 no live folders" (let's say he's got enough about him to know that the update is called "cyan" and the feature is called "live folders"). Quite early on in the google search results is this thread, which starts with somebody asking exactly the right question and is immediately followed by you, having a rant. WTF?!

I believe he's talking about searching this forum for the answer, BEFORE posting the question, again & again & again & again & again & again & again ... getting the picture ?

I will stipulate that Microsoft was (is) a tad confusing with the Windows Phone 8.1 update - those who know, know - those that don't know would be confused (& misunderstand). The features in UPDATE are only (currently) available thru Developer Preview (which a ton of non developers have access to). To find out more - search this forum for 'Developer Preview'

Last edited:

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I believe he's talking about searching this forum for the answer, BEFORE posting the question, again & again & again & again & again & again & again ... getting the picture ?

That's exactly what I was talking about, yes. The WPCentral forums - just like pretty much every other forum too - has a search function which - if not used by a complete moron - can help to find loads and heaps of answers. Unfortunately many people simply ignore this useful tool and rather bomb the forums with new threads about topics that have been covered over and over already. Again, just like in every other forum too, lol.
Anyways, I didn't mean to appear as rude as I actually did, that's why I apologized. Which has obviously been ignored by Neil Hoskins - as if my apology was the search function of these forums. :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire