I just upgraded my Lumia 1020 and I am working through re subscribing to my favorite podcasts. I am having a hard time finding some of them. One example is "History according to Bob". When I search for it, it doesn't come up on the list. I can't seem to find the feed page link either. Anyone got a suggestion.
    08-21-2014 10:06 AM
    I was all set to give my regular snarky "use a better Podcast app" reply, because I really strongly dislike the native one, but I was pleasantly surprised to see it handle this particular case correctly (ish).

The link to use is "http://www.summahistorica.com/podcast/rss.xml" - it seems to work. (The other podcast apps I have on my phone didn't find that particular podcast either - so I can't (fairly) blame the native app's catalog for not knowing about it.)

(Also, if you like history podcasts, check out "The Memory Palace" (The Memory Palace) - it's in the native app's catalog - very short (2-5 minutes, usually) semi-monthly essays about odd little bits of non-mainstream US history. Well worth the free price.)
    08-22-2014 09:29 AM
    I found it last night after a bunch of searches also. Bob isn't tech savy so hos podcast info isn't out there very well. He has issues with I tunes to the point he is ready to give up on them. I do kinda like the new podcast app, bit I don't like the search function.

I will check out that podcast.
    08-22-2014 11:59 AM
    Any tips on how to find the URL for a podcast feeds easier.

Subscribing to podcasts through the search is terrible. I have been trying other podcast apps and they all have their issues. The native one to me shows the most promise, other than the search and lack of the catalogue.
    08-23-2014 08:27 AM