Will Cyan be available as a straight upgrade for DP-users later?

randomscandinavian

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
So Cyan is out in my region along with WP8.1. I downloaded the update I was notified of and installed but the info pane still says Black. I thought you didn't have to downgrade anymore but apparently you do?

I'm not going to bother downgrading if that means that I need to configure the phone anew. I'm happy with it the way it is really but it's nice to have the latest upgrades of course. If you have that choice as an easy automatic upgrade.

So will there never be any further firmware upgrades for Developer Preview users, will it arrive later, never or do we have to wait for the newt firmware? Just curious. The answer doesn't seem clear to me from searching the forums. :)

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
At this point with the information that we have, the answer would be yes, it will be available, when Microsoft fixes whatever the problem is that caused bitlocker-enabled phones to brick. But what the time frame is, we don't have any word yet.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I had hoped the small update we DP users got on Tuesday was the bridge to allow Cyan update. Now, I'm not sure it was anything but a quick fix to some other things in the OS. I'm on Verizon so our wait has just begun for Cyan anyway.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I had hoped the small update we DP users got on Tuesday was the bridge to allow Cyan update. Now, I'm not sure it was anything but a quick fix to some other things in the OS. I'm on Verizon so our wait has just begun for Cyan anyway.

It's possible that this is the case, that the update we got the other day will enable updates to continue, but I suspect we won't know until they start rolling the 8.1/Cyan updates again to preview devices. You're not the only one on Verizon... :wink: If it weren't for being on Verizon, I probably would have rolled back so I could get Cyan. But since it isn't on Verizon yet anyway, there's no point in rolling back. :cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs