Less tiles or More tiles?

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys what layout of tiles you are using? Is it more tiles and small size of every tiles or less tiles and large size of tiles? :)

This is my configuration

wp_ss_20140823_0002.jpg

Logics is:
Weather, phone functions come first and icons are middle size. LED light stays in the middle (can reach with one finger if i need)
Mail contacts are all in a folder. New folders show notifications so you don't miss much (Pity doesn't have a LED with different colors so you know what has priority, what can wait)
News apps are in another folder.
What follows after is messaging apps and then media/games/music (entertainment in general) and utilities, readers, and a section for webpages i need quick (like a portal for my priority customer who sends translating projects there which i need to accept/refuse ASAP so need to login quick).
Since i have now grouped a lot of apps inside folders i save a lot of real estate.

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
On my 920, I switched to 3 columns, more tiles, but the tiles seemed so tiny. So after a few days, I switched back to 2 columns, but the tiles seemed HUGE. LOL. It takes a few days to get acclimated and to adjust to tiles being in new locations.

I now use 3 columns and love not having to swipe to access my frequently used apps. I even have space for a few live folders that hold less frequently used apps. How could we ever go back to static icons???

wp_ss_20140823_0005.png

s2mikey

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm good with just two columns and using all medium sized tiles. The big ones take up too much room and the small ones are harder for me to click. It's probably something one could mess with forever but I'll stick with two columns of medium sized tiles for now. :)

DoctorSaline

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Even though I've a 4" device, I just can't wait for the 3 column support with cyan. And backgrounds. And folders with update 1. For some people it is clutter, but for lazy people like me, it is a blessing. I can has everything on one screen without having to scroll up and down.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I have a Nokia Lumia 1320, even if I want to change my tile column, I can't! 1320 & 1520 have 3 column tiles by default! You cannot change it to 2 columns, nor 4 columns! I was really looking forward to get 4 columns with Lumia cyan update, but was quite disappointed that there are only 3 columns! Still it's OK with me as I do not find any tile small due to my large screen!

Vicky Krishnatrai

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I have a Nokia Lumia 1320, even if I want to change my tile column, I can't! 1320 & 1520 have 3 column tiles by default! You cannot change it to 2 columns, nor 4 columns! I was really looking forward to get 4 columns with Lumia cyan update, but was quite disappointed that there are only 3 columns! Still it's OK with me as I do not find any tile small due to my large screen!
Really I don't like phablet. It is sumthing like that you are wandering with a brick in your pocket.

Dr Hoges

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Which I only discovered after I'd purchased it :'(

I doubt you would use the bigger tiles anyway.

I do wish there were more size options, I want to be able to make a tile any size and I feel like that wouldn't be very difficult to implement. Would be nice to have tiles that stretch 3 columns or multiple rows.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Really I don't like phablet. It is sumthing like that you are wandering with a brick in your pocket.

Even I had the same review but now I am habitual to using it! Also its not that thick that it'll be like a brick in my pocket! Also even my friends say that its really slim for such a huge phone!

gerzhwin

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I am using the third row since upgrading to a L930. I only have two wide tiles (Weather, News) and a mix of medium and small tiles. Using live folders only for irregularly used apps, so they're in small size.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb