I just got the windows phone 8.1 update for my Lumia 920 phone, and the folders aren't working on the start screen. I drag and drop one tile on top of the other like it says to, and then it just rearranges them. Its a minor issue, but it's still fairly annoying. Can anyone help with this?
    08-21-2014 02:28 PM
    If anyone is still having this problem with a handset running Windows Phone 8.1x you probably do not have all the updates.

Use the Dev Preview app to directly install them from MS. Depending on how many you need it might take awhile and go through a few reboots.

But now I can use active folders again. I ran into a couple of bugs while running Windows 10 Mobile previews on my Lumia 521. So I downgraded to Windows Phone 8.1 until the next update. Live Folders are a default feature in Windows 10 Mobile. I actually forgot I had to install the Dev Preview to get all of the Windows Phone 8.1 updates.

US carriers are horrible with blocking updates.
    I think this is a function in GDR1, just need to wait until GDR1 become available.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    08-21-2014 02:34 PM
    If anyone is still having this problem with a handset running Windows Phone 8.1x you probably do not have all the updates.

Use the Dev Preview app to directly install them from MS. Depending on how many you need it might take awhile and go through a few reboots.

But now I can use active folders again. I ran into a couple of bugs while running Windows 10 Mobile previews on my Lumia 521. So I downgraded to Windows Phone 8.1 until the next update. Live Folders are a default feature in Windows 10 Mobile. I actually forgot I had to install the Dev Preview to get all of the Windows Phone 8.1 updates.

US carriers are horrible with blocking updates.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    11-15-2015 01:34 AM
    11-15-2015 12:10 PM