High data usage?

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
Since updating to 8.1 about two weeks ago I've now used at least 2gb of data on my plan I've never used that much before in such a short time period

So I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed a big jump on data usage?

My only thought is I've had cortana beta on the whole time so I'm thinking maybe it was her.

gwinegarden

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Since updating to 8.1 about two weeks ago I've now used at least 2gb of data on my plan I've never used that much before in such a short time period

So I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed a big jump on data usage?

My only thought is I've had cortana beta on the whole time so I'm thinking maybe it was her.

Could it be app updates? When I moved to 8.1, I had 28 app updates to download. If I had not done them via WiFi, it would have cost me a lot of money.

Nightwish04

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Ive had the same problem since the update. I never used to go any where near my 2gb limit but now it goes in 2 weeks. all my updates are done through my wi-fi. Im not using it any more than usual. It seems IE is using the most but i dont use that so much.

gwinegarden

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Strange! I don't use any more than before 8.1.

Another thing to look at is 8.1 seems to set up all apps as able to run in the background. I had to go thru and turn many off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos